cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S10e - Edge Lighting

Hello -
I just got the Galaxy S10e (from a Galaxy S7) and I quickly discovered the "Edge Lighting" option and set it up. It was honestly sort of exciting to set this up. I loved the idea of my notifications being colorized as to easy tell what I have an alert from (example, messages or texts are green. Snapchat, yellow, gmail, red, etc.) But upon testing out most of the apps. This function apparently doesn’t work.
The only working Edge Lighting notification are Messages and Snap chat. Nothing else will activate the edge lighting effect.

I have installed the “Edge lighting fix” app to no help

I have changed around and tried different combination of options and settings. I had one successful Gmail & Outlook notification (at different times) which turned my edge lighting on. But have not been able to do it again.

Has anyone else found a fix for this? From what I’ve read online, this function just doesn’t work. Which seems absolutely incredible that this would be developed but not work.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10e - Edge Lighting

Thanks for the reply

But the suggested setting just adds a pop up icon for whatever notification I just recieved 

So If I got an email in Outlook. It shows a Outlook icon on whatever screen i'm on

Highlighted
Asteroid

I think we are talking about two different things. Appreciate the suggestions though!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I actually installed aodNotify app to get it to work. I could not get the edge lighting to work at all on it's own