cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidwh19
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I woke up to another software update. "System Update 11" I can't find any information on it. After the last update i am worried that it will get even worse. 

It may be a fix for the issues we are having. 

I guess I will do the update and see if it fixes the issue. 

Davidwh19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen wrote:

@Davidwh19 wrote:

Do you have the multiple apps showing up in the app permissions settings? 

Do you have more than one google account on your phone? 

I have 2 google accounts logged into my phone (personal and work).

I am a realtor so I have to use both and I need to know immediately when I receive a text, or an email. I have lost many leads because I have to be the first to "claim" the lead on a work application and by the time I get the notification the leads are long gone. The delay varies between 3 minutes and over an hour. Sometimes the  calendar takes a day to notify me. 

And one other thing I noticed is the little pop up notification near the bottom of the screen that says wifi disconnected randomly shows up minutes after turning it off. 

There are so many issues I wonder if there is one problem causing everything, or multiple software issues. 

No double apps for me after just checking. I do have multiple google accounts although that shouldn't be what's causing it. It's definitely software issues, something with googles services and the other I believe is carrier side but if a full factory reset doesn't fix it like I have multiple times then we're probably SOL till a software update comes out to fix it. 

Not holding a lot of faith at this point though.. 

So  did the update from this morning and all of the problems were still apparent. 

But after the update I got a notification that said "click here to enter the secure folder" so I clicked it and after going to the settings I found an apps list of duplicate apps that were inside of the secure folder. After a couple of "test" by uninstalling un important apps from the secure folder to see if it they remained in the main apps list on the phone and they did remain. 

It wouldn't let me delete the google play, or the google play services apps from the secure folder so I just uninstalled the whole secure folder. 

Apparently that was my issue because as of right now everything is working like it should. I mean everything!

- gmail attachments not fetching

- play store not updating or installing 

- delayed/duplicate notifications

- delayed "wifi disconnected" pop up

- voicemail notification not working 

- !!! Even the horrible delay when waking and unlocking with my fingerprint is back to its instant response vs the 2-3 second delay it has had for months and months. 

I see no reason for needing the secure folder myself, and if a lockable folder is needed in the future I will just get a 3rd party app for that. 

I also haven't noticed any negative effects whatsoever from uninstalling the secure folder. (I will update if I do notice anything)

We will see if this might be your issue as well and hopefully it will fox yours and anyone else that ready this. 

I'm praying that this is actually fixed and surprised that noone has mentioned this before in all of the threads I read. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen That's a very good details thanks. First, you still have to manually go to play store and tap update I usually do this quite often and I think this has to do with app developers. Also if you are using wifi all the time and the notifictaion is delayed you have to make sure the router of that wifi does not have sleep mode turn ON after a while of inactive. The battery optimizition should also swipe off for wifi connection. Try to put the phone on performance mode if necessary this will disabled some of saving battery functions but you will drain the battery a little bit more than usual. Also turn off optimization for google play as well.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Kaizen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Davidwh19,

First off I appreciate you replying and advising on what worked for you. Unfortunately, unistalling secure folder did not resolve my problems. Still experiencing the delayed notifications, repeating notifications after clearing them, as well as not being able to update/install apps without it just getting stuck on a set percentage and never moving to the installation portion. When I opened secure folder to check if there were any duplicate apps it wasn't even set up yet (which makes sense as I've never used it) I went ahead and set it up anyway but there were only some default apps in there, no duplicates. Like I mentioned earlier I unistalled it and everything seemed to be working after I rebooted but alas the same issues came back like a plague.

Hey there @RedDragon

As I've shown in screenshots earlier in the post I have already tried manually hitting update apps but the same thing happens. The first app will try to download but it will get stuck on a certain percantage and won't move past that percentage and thus to the installation portion of the update. Same thing happens when trying to install a new app, and it can be any app (previous screenshots show this as well). 

As far as your other tips, again, I've already tried them. I turned battery optimzation off for all my important apps that I need ALL notifications timely when I frst got my new S10e, which is also including google play and google services. I've known to turn it off since I had similar issues with my S8 (two phones ago now). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all issues I have tried multiple wi-fi networks, mobile data, etc. The issues are consistent through any network. I have given it a few days to see if any software updates come through that may fix my problems but nothing has. 

Is there any other solutions that may work for me or are we leaning towards a defective replacement through warranty?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen You may have to re-register your gmail or google account. Remove your gmail/google account then restart and then turn On and register your email again try that and see if google play will work again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kaizen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon Thanks for that, it appears to have resolved the app issue. I went ahead and deleted my main google account off the phone, cleared the cache from google play and restarted my phone. Once I re-loaded my google account back on I was able to update all 26 apps or so and even install a new app. 

I'm not confident this resolved all the notification issues I was having but so far I haven't seen any problems there. If I continue to get problems here should I just post here again or open a new thread?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen Sometimes if google play stops working it may affect all the apps as well. Google is updating their google play maybe to get ready for Android 10 this might have cause the issue to some users. But glad i helped. You're welcome.!

userNELZ4VucSw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was unable to update apps from the play store after I syarted using a VPN, speedif . I disable the VPN to let updates run every day or two.