cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've been struggling with a handful of issues plagueing my Galaxy S10e for the past month or so, seemingly after recent software updates. Like I mentioned there's a few issues happening but they're isolated to notifications and app updates through google play. The more frustrating of the two would be notifications. Firstly, push notifications will either be extremely delayed or not come at all for a number of apps. The ones that do come delayed will pop up on my phone all at once, seemingly at complete random times (ex: notification tray near empty but all of a sudden a bunch will come up from a number apps like YouTube, Outlook, Instagram, twitter, and others). The other issue with notifications are ones that double up (ex: I'll get two identical push notifications for one single tweet from Twitter). I've only noticed this with Twitter but the last issue with notifications I've had consistently (which kind of goes hand in hand with the double notifs. I previously mentioned) are the notifcations that will be cleared/swiped away but then will come back either instantly or shortly after. I've noticed this on push notifications from Venmo, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, and a few others.

 

Things I've tried to resolve the 3 notification issues:

 

- Disabled battery optimazation for the apps I need push notifcations for without delay (this has been set since I've got the phone as I already knew about this)

- Multiple soft resets via power key and volume down

- Multiple wipes of the system cache partition

- 2 Factory Resets

- Made sure "Notification Reminders" was disabled in Accessibility settings (was never on in the first place)

 

That settles my problems with notifications, but I'm also have difficulties with updating apps through the play store. I have auto-update on for Wi-Fi and my phone would always update automatically if there was on available while on Wi-Fi until this past month. Now, apps will almost never auto-update and when I check to see if there are updated available or even try to install a new app, they will freeze at a random stage while downloading and will not move past whatever percentage and thus will never get to the installing part after the download. This does not happen with apps from the Galaxy Store however, it's only with apps from the play store. I've tried this on multiple Wi-Fi networks as well as mobile data but the same issue happens. 

 

Things I've tried to resolve the app update issue:

 

- Everything Mentioned Above

- Force Closing Play Store (multiple times)

- Clearing the cache/data from the Play Store

 

 The Galaxy S10e I have is through through Xfinity Mobile that I purchased back in April of this year (Model # SM-G970U).

 

I'm really at my witts end here, I've tried virtually everything in the book and the real kicker here is that I had the same issues towards the end of my use of my last phone (a Note 9 through xfinity mobile as well). This leads me to believe that It's a software related issue, possible through whatever Xfinity Mobile has for their updates. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen You may have to re-register your gmail or google account. Remove your gmail/google account then restart and then turn On and register your email again try that and see if google play will work again.




═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Reply
Loading...
17 REPLIES 17
Robertsocor
Astronaut

Have you tried disabling your data as well disable auto u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried disabling your data as well disable auto update in Google play store?

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Have you tried disabling your data as well disable auto u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Robertsocor wrote:

Have you tried disabling your data as well disable auto update in Google play store?


Not sure what good that would do considering manual updates/installing apps doesn't work. Not completely, but most of the time it will freeze at a random percentage while downloading like I mentioned. If I let it sit there in the background sometimes I'll get a "X app was updated" notification but that doesn't always happen.

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e Delayed/Repeating Notification Issues & App update Problems (Xfinity Mobile)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kaizen wrote:

So I've been struggling with a handful of issues plagueing my Galaxy S10e for the past month or so, seemingly after recent software updates. Like I mentioned there's a few issues happening but they're isolated to notifications and app updates through google play. The more frustrating of the two would be notifications. Firstly, push notifications will either be extremely delayed or not come at all for a number of apps. The ones that do come delayed will pop up on my phone all at once, seemingly at complete random times (ex: notification tray near empty but all of a sudden a bunch will come up from a number apps like YouTube, Outlook, Instagram, twitter, and others). The other issue with notifications are ones that double up (ex: I'll get two identical push notifications for one single tweet from Twitter). I've only noticed this with Twitter but the last issue with notifications I've had consistently (which kind of goes hand in hand with the double notifs. I previously mentioned) are the notifcations that will be cleared/swiped away but then will come back either instantly or shortly after. I've noticed this on push notifications from Venmo, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, and a few others.

 

Things I've tried to resolve the 3 notification issues:

 

- Disabled battery optimazation for the apps I need push notifcations for without delay (this has been set since I've got the phone as I already knew about this)

- Multiple soft resets via power key and volume down

- Multiple wipes of the system cache partition

- 2 Factory Resets

- Made sure "Notification Reminders" was disabled in Accessibility settings (was never on in the first place)

 

That settles my problems with notifications, but I'm also have difficulties with updating apps through the play store. I have auto-update on for Wi-Fi and my phone would always update automatically if there was on available while on Wi-Fi until this past month. Now, apps will almost never auto-update and when I check to see if there are updated available or even try to install a new app, they will freeze at a random stage while downloading and will not move past whatever percentage and thus will never get to the installing part after the download. This does not happen with apps from the Galaxy Store however, it's only with apps from the play store. I've tried this on multiple Wi-Fi networks as well as mobile data but the same issue happens. 

 

Things I've tried to resolve the app update issue:

 

- Everything Mentioned Above

- Force Closing Play Store (multiple times)

- Clearing the cache/data from the Play Store

 

 The Galaxy S10e I have is through through Xfinity Mobile that I purchased back in April of this year (Model # SM-G970U).

 

I'm really at my witts end here, I've tried virtually everything in the book and the real kicker here is that I had the same issues towards the end of my use of my last phone (a Note 9 through xfinity mobile as well). This leads me to believe that It's a software related issue, possible through whatever Xfinity Mobile has for their updates. 


Bump, does anyone have any suggestions??

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e Delayed/Repeating Notification Issues & App update Problems (Xfinity Mobile)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's some screenshots to add for the upp issue, I'm literally unable to install any new apps or new updates. It will just sit at whatever percentage it lands on, everytime I cancel and re-download it will go right back to whatever percentage it was stuck to. This was just after clearing my system cache yet again. Screenshot_20190818-124453_Google Play Store.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190818-124508_Google Play Store.jpg

 

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump.. still having all these issues. Getting desperate here

Reply
Loading...
Davidwh19
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the exact same problems with my Note 9 (Verizon) ever since the update on August 7th or 8th. I am also getting the delayed and repeating notifications. And some push notifications wont take me to the app when press on them. Instead, those apps will randomly open later, sometimes hours later. I also noticed that this issue also affects the fetching and downloading of email attachments in gmail. They act the same as the play store updates. If I start to download and app or update it will start the stop. I was able to get it to finish by closing the app and reopening it. Every time I would reopen the app it would download a little more and then after a few times it it would be at 100% and stuck again then the next time I reopened the app store it would install it. 

Check on your phone under the app permissions page (settings > apps > app permissions in dropdown > any of the permissions) to see if you have duplicate apps showing up.

My theory was that during the last update some of the apps/files may have been duplicated instead of being overwritten, but if you have done a factory update and it is still doing it then that's probably not the case.. I hope samsung hasn't done something to make older phones perform poorly just ahead of the flagship release date, but that how it feels right now. 

I have tried everything except for the factory reset with no success. 

Hopefully we will get some answers. 

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Davidwh19 wrote:

I've been having the exact same problems with my Note 9 (Verizon) ever since the update on August 7th or 8th. I am also getting the delayed and repeating notifications. And some push notifications wont take me to the app when press on them. Instead, those apps will randomly open later, sometimes hours later. I also noticed that this issue also affects the fetching and downloading of email attachments in gmail. They act the same as the play store updates. If I start to download and app or update it will start the stop. I was able to get it to finish by closing the app and reopening it. Every time I would reopen the app it would download a little more and then after a few times it it would be at 100% and stuck again then the next time I reopened the app store it would install it. 

Check on your phone under the app permissions page (settings > apps > app permissions in dropdown > any of the permissions) to see if you have duplicate apps showing up.

My theory was that during the last update some of the apps/files may have been duplicated instead of being overwritten, but if you have done a factory update and it is still doing it then that's probably not the case.. I hope samsung hasn't done something to make older phones perform poorly just ahead of the flagship release date, but that how it feels right now. 

I have tried everything except for the factory reset with no success. 

Hopefully we will get some answers. 


Yup having exactly the same issues that you listed, I didn't include apps not opening on some notifations in my OP but that is also happening to me. I'm on Xfinity Mobile which is basically Verizon's towers rebranded as xfinity so many it's a Verizon software thing? My Previous phone was a note 9 and it had the same issues as well so who knows honestly. I have tried multiple factory resets and everything under the sun but still no fix unfortunately.

 

I doubt it's anything intentional, I have a flagship S10e doing the same thing.





 

Reply
Loading...
Davidwh19
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the multiple apps showing up in the app permissions settings? 

Do you have more than one google account on your phone? 

I have 2 google accounts logged into my phone (personal and work).

I am a realtor so I have to use both and I need to know immediately when I receive a text, or an email. I have lost many leads because I have to be the first to "claim" the lead on a work application and by the time I get the notification the leads are long gone. The delay varies between 3 minutes and over an hour. Sometimes the  calendar takes a day to notify me. 

And one other thing I noticed is the little pop up notification near the bottom of the screen that says wifi disconnected randomly shows up minutes after turning it off. 

 

There are so many issues I wonder if there is one problem causing everything, or multiple software issues. 

Reply
Loading...
Kaizen
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e Major Notification Issues & App Update Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Davidwh19 wrote:

Do you have the multiple apps showing up in the app permissions settings? 

Do you have more than one google account on your phone? 

I have 2 google accounts logged into my phone (personal and work).

I am a realtor so I have to use both and I need to know immediately when I receive a text, or an email. I have lost many leads because I have to be the first to "claim" the lead on a work application and by the time I get the notification the leads are long gone. The delay varies between 3 minutes and over an hour. Sometimes the  calendar takes a day to notify me. 

And one other thing I noticed is the little pop up notification near the bottom of the screen that says wifi disconnected randomly shows up minutes after turning it off. 

 

There are so many issues I wonder if there is one problem causing everything, or multiple software issues. 


No double apps for me after just checking. I do have multiple google accounts although that shouldn't be what's causing it. It's definitely software issues, something with googles services and the other I believe is carrier side but if a full factory reset doesn't fix it like I have multiple times then we're probably SOL till a software update comes out to fix it. 

 

Not holding a lot of faith at this point though.. 

Reply
Loading...