cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD1L65fizWB
Constellation

Galaxy S10e Overheating, Draining Battery, No Signal

I've had my S10e since June. It was a great phone until around 3 days ago. My phone started overheating and draining battery quickly. I went to bed with my battery at around 80%, and when I woke up in the middle of the night, it was already down to 30%. That was very unusual. It had also started overheating a lot even with normal use. To add onto this, just earlier today, I didn't have any signal. I couldn't use my data, could not receive/send texts or calls. I noticed that the signal would keep dropping. I know that there is no problem with the signal in my area because I transferred my sim card to another phone, and it worked fine. Base on my observation right now, with the sim card removed from my S10e, my phone is not overheating as much nor is the battery draining.

So what is really the issue? I don't know what else to do and I don't know how to fix this. I have tried clearing the cache, restarting my phone, turning it off then on. Do I really need to resort to Factory Resetting my phone? 

Please help. With these issues, this may be the first and last time I'll get a Samsung. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Galaxy S10e Overheating, Draining Battery, No Signal

I would factory reset and then choose the fresh start option during setup instead of restoring from a Google backup to rule out a hardware issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samsung_BbvXXRb wrote:

I would factory reset and then choose the fresh start option during setup instead of restoring from a Google backup to rule out a hardware issue.

Before that you could wipe the cache partition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@userD1L65fizWB wrote:

I've had my S10e since June. It was a great phone until around 3 days ago. My phone started overheating and draining battery quickly. I went to bed with my battery at around 80%, and when I woke up in the middle of the night, it was already down to 30%. That was very unusual. It had also started overheating a lot even with normal use. To add onto this, just earlier today, I didn't have any signal. I couldn't use my data, could not receive/send texts or calls. I noticed that the signal would keep dropping. I know that there is no problem with the signal in my area because I transferred my sim card to another phone, and it worked fine. Base on my observation right now, with the sim card removed from my S10e, my phone is not overheating as much nor is the battery draining.

So what is really the issue? I don't know what else to do and I don't know how to fix this. I have tried clearing the cache, restarting my phone, turning it off then on. Do I really need to resort to Factory Resetting my phone? 

Please help. With these issues, this may be the first and last time I'll get a Samsung. 

And you could start the phone in the safe mode. That way all third party apps are disabled. If the problem doesn't show up that way, you know it is one of them.

Samsung_HYbNbL3
Astronaut

Sounds like you have a app going rampant and constantly using wakeloke and turning in your devices this draining the battery and overheating. That fact that it stops when the Sim card is removed implies that the issue is a network based app.

If you don't want to factory reset (which is the best option) you could try booting into safe mode and seeing if the problem persists. Safe mode doesn't load any downloaded third-party apps. I've never found doing this particularly useful on Android because an app can corrupt system data and the data will still be corrupted even if you boot into safe mode or uninstall the bad app. But if you contacted Samsung for support booting into safe mode would probably be their first suggestion.

You could also go into settings /device care /battery /battery usage and scroll down. If you're lucky you might see an app that's draining your battery but it's more likely it will be a process the app is using and it would end up being included in Android System or something like that instead of next to the name of the problem app.

It actually could be a hardware problem. I had a different brand phone with the exact same issues you describe. It was caused by a defective motherboard.