Did you mean: 
Gnardog
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ Tap to wake activates in pocket

Unfortunately, a replacement won't fix the problem

userjacWeQtaER
Constellation

I dont have this issue mine works great maybe i got lucky like one of the other users said. But until they fix it just try putting you phone in your pocket with the screen facing away from you leg. Maybe that would work?? Idk, but as far as the fingerprint scanner works most people dont realize you really have to use the whole finger when setting up so it unlocks when you dont place it just right. Or maybe certain people have faulty sensors. They are mass produced phones so i would a image if there is somethin wrong with a phone maybe it was an entire bad batch not just one bad phone and then maybe some good batches since some people dont have these problems

bluestang2015
Asteroid

You are probably right.  Hopefully Samsung figures something out.  I already miss my S9+ because it actually worked.  And the fingerprint sensor took not even .5 second to open the phone.  Not, press harder.  Or no match... 

AlanB1976
Constellation

Pulled out my phone the other day to find the torch on, a bunch of quick buttons pushed and who know what else had been done while in my pocket for the last hour. Bloody frustrating. This might be my last Samsung considering the price I spent on this and no indication that Samsung are addressing this. 

SirMario
Cosmic Ray

This happened to me and I returned mine.. Now read my experience...

I want everyone to know what I have been through with Samsung these last 30 days. 

Pre ordered the phone and received it in a proper time frame  Problem is  phone was a dud  Spoke to multiple customer representatives and was advised to order a new one and return this one  Which I decided to do. Followed all directions, at the time of the new order galaxy s 10+ ceramic version was available  I purchase it, and send in the old one  Purchased the expedited shipping as well. Few hours later I receive an email that my order is on hold due to the bull***t policy Samsung had in regards to returns and trade ins. No other company in the world does this  Anyhow, I immediately call customer service and advise them of the issue. They could not do anything about the hold on the new order  Would not connect me to a supervisor no matter how much I tried. I expressed my concern that I don't want the phone to be on back order, it was supposed to be shipped right away since it was in stock  Was told by the representative once you place your order and there is a hold on it  your phone is guaranteed when the hold is in effect. It would get released after, not when we receive the return, but when we process The REFUND!  !!. ANYHOW, SURE enough after 21 days and multiple calls the refund is processed hold is released and sure enough... Phone is back ordered. Shame on you Samsung. I am going to reach out tomorrow to customer service and see what they have to say in regards to this  I will also post this nightmare of an experience to all review sites, long time Samsung user  and critic when they foul up  And I am a hair line away from canceling my order. Try the chat room customer service support  Good luck explaining your concerns in English... 

bluestang2015
Asteroid

Why is there no response from Samsung on this?  If its a known problem.  Don't leave your loyal customers w/ a phone that has major issues.  Like I said before, this wasn't an issue until my 2 weeks was up and my perfect working S9+ was in the mail for my trad in........

userDUbt9CV8XP
Constellation

Same here with a s10 exynos version.
Highlighted
userrvKgPKUHRX
Asteroid

The "Accidental Touch Protection" setting doesn't seem to do anything. My phone still detects inputs from my leg through my pocket, causing things like messing with the AOD, waking up from a double tap, etc. One time I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see the camera viewfinder! It there something I'm missing or is this setting completely broken?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

useraMZbQaJjcI
Constellation

I have the same issue and was thinking about that my proximity sensor doesnt't work at all.

Model Code:

SM-G973F

Baseband Version:

G973FXXU1ASBA

Carrier:

Turkcell