cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DR_S10_Plus
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ Tap to wake activates in pocket

Yes, it didn't help. It is randomly opening apps and frequently taking screenshots while I'm my pocket. It just inadvertently sent five texts with embarrassing content to random people in my contacts including some business contract. I would like to return this phone.

Highlighted
userZlqLglRntr
Asteroid

Mine mustn't work either...

I somehow called '112' from my pocket at work and when I got home, I was told the Police had come to my house asking if there was an emergency. I checked my call history and sure enough there was the call made, right in the middle of my time at work while my phone was in my pocket for the whole time.

The 'accidental touch protection' setting is on, the enhanced touch setting is off as well. 

It needs an update, so embarrassing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userZlqLglRntr, Have you tried turning up your touch sensitivity? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you guys please provide the model code, baseband version, and Carrier for your phone? We'd like to look into this further. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

PhilS
Constellation

sm-g975u

att

g975usqu1asba

ready to return the phone. I turned off the touch protection and sensitivity. That did nothing. Tried to just keep it locked. Still opens apps and even taking screen shots while in my pocket. Also keeps turning the light on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@PhilS Thank you for that information. I am escalating this to our specialized team when they return to the office in the morning. I will reach back out to you once I have more information.

Red Giant

wonder how they found your home address though.... by just calling from the cell phone, the police can find out the cell phone line owner's home address?

userZ2ZOxAsEcP
Constellation

I too have this problem, and is especially annoying when I'm playing music because it unlocks and changes songs on it's own. I have smart lock activated when this happens, and I notice that forcing it to ask for fingerprints helps, but the screen still wakes up in my pocket. The proximity/light sensors don't seem to work too well as they're under the screen

usergoMAHappaF
Constellation

I have this problem too. It causes massive battery drain by waking up the screen in your pocket.

Accidental touch protection is on. 

A work around is to turn off Double Tap to Wake.

Samsung please fix this problem as its very annoying!

ValkyrieK
Asteroid

Mine is doing this also! I listen to music with my phone in my back pocket at work a lot and it keeps changing songs. I pulled it out once to find a webpage open to a pair of shoes to buy. I turned off touch sensitivity, that doesn't help. I walked into a completely dark room, no light whatsoever, and tapped the screen, it woke up. This is incredibly annoying. Samsung, fix your stuff or this will be my last Samsung phone.