cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gnardog
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ Tap to wake activates in pocket

First thing I did was activate tap to wake, I have never seen this in a Samsung phone before. Now I have the newest that Samsung has to offer and it does not work properly. My leg through my fabric taps the phone and opens it up. This is draining my battery, and your accidental touch protection feature is useless. That's two features down right there. $900 for what? Flagship that doesn't work properly? A Samsung technician walk me through many steps to isolate this problem, I even factory reset it with no good results. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves by not checking this. FIX THIS NOW!!

120 REPLIES 120
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ Tap to wake activates in pocket

@Gnardog Have you tried going into your settings>displays> and turn off the touch sensitivity feature on your phone?

Gnardog
Cosmic Ray

Already off.I've tried every setting.

Choy188
Constellation

Mine is even worse because somehow my phone doesn't even lock for 30 seconds or more even though I have that setting set to immediately lock, it doesn't even go to the lock screen it bypasses everything and lands me on my home screen which has caused me to send unwanted posts or Snapchats, make phone calls, all while my phone is sitting in my pocket

userVG01gDviW2
Constellation

You may just have a unit with a faulty sensor,  it happens when millions of devices are pumped out quickly.. Just get a replacement.  My s10 hasn't had any issues like this whatsoever.  Good luck

user2YvBBeJygb
Constellation

I have the same problem with my S10e. I contacted Samsung through the chat feature and the rep said that they have not received any complaints whatsoever about this. I find that laughable. He told me to reset the factory settings and then contact them at a later time if that doesn't fix the problem.  If you check out Google, there are MANY people having the same issue.  

userrZqpm8yofx
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue, and things are activating/deactivating from the settings dropdown.

Chazzy J
Galaxy

Do you guys use use the option to have the phone lock immediately? My phone locks the moment I hit the sleep/wake button. I have zero problems with the phone waking up in my pocket

Gnardog
Cosmic Ray

Android Police, the website, just posted something about this problem. be careful going on to this website though because there are tons of ads, however it's out there. Does Samsung read these posts? How do we reach them about this? can't believe I'm using their flagship device and not using all of the features. I shouldn't have to flip my phone around every time I pull it out of my pocket.

Gnardog
Cosmic Ray

Getting a replacement may not fix the problem. T-Mobile who I got my phone from, doesn't have any, not to mention going through Samsung takes forever.I would hate to go through all the trouble just to find out it's a software bug.