cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10e: Zoom Function Disabled - Volume Key +/- No Longer Functions

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello:

PROBLEM: Since purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S10e SmartPhone I have been using the camera on a near-daily basis. When taking pictures inside my home, I have been using the Volume control to Zoom-In and Out, however, something has changed and I have been unable to figure out the resolution.  

SYMPTOM: When attempting to Zoom In using the Volume increase the Zoom function no longer Zooms in or out, but rather the camera now takes a picture instead of Zooming In and back out.

HELP: If someone knows what changed, or what I accidentally touched to toggle the Zoom functionality to start taking pictures instead of Zooming In and Out, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you very much,

Eric B.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10e: Zoom Function Disabled - Volume Key +/- No Longer Functions

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning Eric. Give this a try: Go to the camera app, then go to the gear in the top right corner for the camera settings, then go to shooting methods and from there you will see Press volume key to. From there you have the option to choose Zoom.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only option I am showing for zooming in and out is here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/camera-zoom/

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for the video.

I wonder what could have happened that disabled the Volume key that was the only way I knew how to Zoom In and Zoom Out. For the past couple of weeks, I had been taking many pictures and when I needed to zoom in I would press and hold the Volume increase. Then if I wanted to zoom back out I would press and hold the Volume decrease.  Just since yesterday, and I made no changes whatsoever, when I was ready to use the camera to zoom in, the Volume increase took a picture. Since then the Volume Up or Down no longer allows me to use the Zoom option.

Understand, I only knew how to Zoom In and Out using the Volume key increase or decrease. Literally, this is how I used to zoom in and out, but yesterday the option to zoom using the volume key takes a picture instead.

Thank you very much for the video reference.

Eric

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome. I hope this was helpful. I too, thought there was an option to use the volume rocker as a zoom. However, looking at our devices here, I have been unable to locate the option.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another way to zoom in/out is to use the old pinch in/pinch out. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello:

I just discovered the zoom technique the other day.  But, I still would like to find out why the Volume -/+ no longer functions as the zoom. When checking every settings menu/options there was nothing I could find. 

For absolute certain, when I first purchased the phone the Volume key did work for the Camera Zooming function.

Thanks Again for the Reply,

Eric

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning Eric. Give this a try: Go to the camera app, then go to the gear in the top right corner for the camera settings, then go to shooting methods and from there you will see Press volume key to. From there you have the option to choose Zoom.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES - yes - yes....Thank you very much. I cannot tell you how many times I entered the Settings option, but for whatever reason, my eyes kept skipping over the setting. Now that I am looking at the Settings option I simply cannot believe I did not see this.

By the way, you mentioned entering the Settings by going to the gear located in the top right-hand corner. I have seen similar instructions about the gear being located in the top right, but on the S10e (the phone I have in front of me) the gear is actually located in the top left corner of the screen.  I believe the top right may have possibly been for an earlier version phone, or different phone than the S10e.

Once again, I can't thank you enough for opening my eyes to the setting that was in front of me all this time, but I did not see it.

Regards,

Eric