cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKebLRfYsES
Constellation

Galaxy S10e fingerprint sensor no longer working

So I've had my phone for about two weeks and it's been working great until this morning. I was no longer able to unlock my phone with the fingerprint sensor. On the lock screen it says "The fingerprint sensor is not responding. Try again later." When I go to settings, I can't access the fingerprint it says "an error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your phone." I've tried restarting multiple times with no luck. I've looked on the boards and haven't seen any results. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jinoo
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10e fingerprint sensor no longer working

Maybe try wiping the cache partition on your device?

bullseye007
Cosmic Ray

Weird never heard of a case like this if it persists I'd contact warranty

GB2019GB
Constellation

I have been having the same problem your seeing. Unfortanutely Samsung will ask you to send it back but they won't send a replacement for you if you send it back so you would be without a phone for almost 2 weeks. I have tried everying I have seen from others being suggested (Phone up-to-date with software versions, last update was 10/29/19/wipe cache/factory reset/take to a ubreakifix shop) nothing has worked. I check the feeds every once in a while to see if anyone has found a fix yet but nope.