Original topic:

Galaxy S10e overheating & battery drain after system update

(Topic created: 08-08-2020 02:13 PM)
userec7x0mf1Xw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

I downloaded the system update "security patch level 1 August 2020".

Since then my phone has been seriously overheating and the battery drain is fast. From 100% to 30% in the space of an hour without the phone being used. I turned off all background apps, optimised battery etc. I'm worried the phone is going to go on fire.

I tried clearing the cache partition & factory reboot as previously suggested by someone, neither have worked and as I'm typing this its burning.

Please anyone how can I roll back the last update?

Thanks

S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userec7x0mf1Xw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userRGNUetjyyC @SamsungRyder turns out Google Play did an update. It wasn't compatible with our governments Covid19 tracker app. We cleared the cache (see attached), deleted the Covid app and rebooted. So far so good! The HSE are working with Google to fix the issue but for now our phones have cooled and batteries not draining. Thanks all 👍🏻IMG-20200809-WA0000.jpg

View solution in context

10 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand doing so experiencing these symptoms. If the troubleshooting performed was to no avail, I would recommend getting your device into the hands of a technician to be evaluated. You can find the closest walk-in center near you by using the following link. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

If you would like to have the device evaluated by a technician at our mail-in service center, I would be happy to look into options for you. Could you please provide me with the model and IMEI number for your device in a private message to do so? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

userec7x0mf1Xw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks @SamsungRyder for the advice. I'm in Ireland and there's a support centre relatively nearby. Do I contact them directly as my phone is not even a year old & this is a Samsung issue. My husband is having the same problem with his S10.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, you can call them directly or you can also go to https://www.samsung.com/visitcountry/ and reach out to a Samsung Center in your area. Let me know if you have any more questions, thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

userRGNUetjyyC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S8 is doing the same thing following the update, also in Ireland

userec7x0mf1Xw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userRGNUetjyyC I've had to book it in with the closest registered service agent, for me thats in Sandyford, Dublin. No clue yet if this will cost me or not. Good luck!

0 Likes
userRGNUetjyyC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you google a lot of people seem to be experiencing the same, sounds like an update issue rather than a phone specific issue! Fingers crossed they fix it soon!

Solution
userec7x0mf1Xw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userRGNUetjyyC @SamsungRyder turns out Google Play did an update. It wasn't compatible with our governments Covid19 tracker app. We cleared the cache (see attached), deleted the Covid app and rebooted. So far so good! The HSE are working with Google to fix the issue but for now our phones have cooled and batteries not draining. Thanks all 👍🏻IMG-20200809-WA0000.jpg

userRGNUetjyyC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lifesaver! Thanks so much for sharing!! 🙂

AmberH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I . having the same issues. SUPER ANNOYING
0 Likes