cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S10e random notification sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my galaxy S10e for about 2 weeks now and it has started making random notifications sounds..I have checked all apps and none have this sound as its notification sound and I only have 3 apps receiving alerts anyway...I have also checked accessibility and the notification reminder is not on...

Can someone please help as I'm starting to go nutso...thanks

Been a few hrs and I might have figured it out....i realized that Bixby uses that notification sound when its accessed..so I just turned it off and so far I haven't heard it....hope it keeps quiet... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S10e random notification sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfQPbq22rWG wrote:

I have had my galaxy S10e for about 2 weeks now and it has started making random notifications sounds..I have checked all apps and none have this sound as its notification sound and I only have 3 apps receiving alerts anyway...I have also checked accessibility and the notification reminder is not on...

@userfQPbq22rWG 

I don't think you are alone.  I remember to have this on my S8 as well and Note10 sometimes has it too.  It is called phantom or ghost notification.  I think we did solve it that time, but I don't remember how... I think it could be some of the notification that make a sound but the pop up is minimized/not shown

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfQPbq22rWG wrote:

@userfQPbq22rWG 

I don't think you are alone.  I remember to have this on my S8 as well and Note10 sometimes has it too.  It is called phantom or ghost notification.  I think we did solve it that time, but I don't remember how... I think it could be some of the notification that make a sound but the pop up is minimized/not shown

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak  i think I I figured it out! Pretty sure its bixby... 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfQPbq22rWG wrote:

@Charkatak  i think I I figured it out! Pretty sure its bixby... 

@userfQPbq22rWG 

Bixby on my phone is enabled although the voice function is disabled.  Basically if I need it, then I would access it myself, no voice activation.  Do you use Bixby?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak  not really..I turned its sound off and haven't heard that annoying sound at all...so I think I got it fixed....lol...yay

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfQPbq22rWG wrote:

@Charkatak  not really..I turned its sound off and haven't heard that annoying sound at all...so I think I got it fixed....lol...yay

Hope it stays that way Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak thanks I appreciate that...thx for letting me know I wasn't alone dealing with it...