cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sneakyboom
Asteroid

Galaxy s10 Navigation gestures missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The option on my S10+ Navigation Bar to select Full Screen Geztures has disappeared.  I pull up the page it should be on but only Navigation Buttons is there.  I did have a software update before I noticed it so that could be the issue.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamadothe1
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s10 Navigation gestures missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found the problem as this was bugging me to no end. It seems to be related to the "Accessibility" functions. Try this Settings>Accessibility>Installed Services>Accessibility Menu: Turn OFF. Then go back the to Navigation Bar Settings and you should find the full screen gestures option available again. The Navigation Bar the Notification Menu Buttons drawer should also work to turn this on and off.

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @sneakyboom, I hope you are doing well.

Just to be sure, your going to: Settings>Display>Navigation bar

Right?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
sneakyboom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm great, thank you.  To answer your question..... Yes and yes

@Rydah wrote:

Hey @sneakyboom, I hope you are doing well.

Just to be sure, your going to: Settings>Display>Navigation bar

Right?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, thanks for confirming. That's a bit odd. Can you please provide me with your current baseband version? This can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information>Baseband version.

Also, you may want to try placing your device in Safe Mode and then check if the gesture settings are there. To boot into Safe Mode:

1. Hold the power button

2. Hold the "Power Off" option.

3. Press Safe Mode.

This will help us determine if the issue is caused by a third party app.

I hope this helps! 😊

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
GOFASTER
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why does Samsung automatically blame a third party app? Got asked the same question when I had an issue with my S9. 

Possibly a bad update that caused it. That can happen. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @GOFASTER, I'd like to clarify something. I am not employed by Samsung. Samsung isn't blaming a third party app and neither am I. It is part of a process called troubleshooting. Booting the device into Safe Mode would help us determine if the issue was caused by a third party app or not. You'd be surprised what some apps can do to a device.

I hope that helped clarified things for you and I hope it helped you understand why we ask for the user to try Safe Mode.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

GOFASTER
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't imply you worked for Samsung but I have been in contact with the in them past and be it by chat or by phone that's the first thing they say. It's probably a third party app. 

That isn't the case with every issue but it is their tech support go to. It's as if they want to blame apps or the users before they blame the phone or software. One UI is buggy in some areas if you read on other forums so I can't accept that same lame go to excuse every time I have an Issue.

My S10's Smart Lock doesn't work at my house and I have 10-15 of the same locations saved to help it but it doesn't work.

I guess it's a third party app? I don't know since I've only reset the phone 3 times and set it up and didn't load any apps except what was on it from day one.

Well I call Samsung and the first thing out of their mouth was, Did you install any third party apps? Well I just told them I reset it and didn't install anything but when you get a new phone there's some third party apps already installed by Samsung. Sorry to rant but that's a lame excuse. 

One last thing. There are hidden apps in the app drawer that can cause the issue also but you don't see them unless yuo go deep into the app settings. 

sneakyboom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Rydah, thank you for your time helping me fix my missing navigation gestures.  The Baseband version is G975USQU2ASF6.

I went into safe mode and the navigation bar gesture option was there and I was able to enable them.  Everything worked as it should.  When out if safe mode the problem comes back. So how do I find the what application or app is causing the problem?

GOFASTER
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IS this what you're missing?

Screenshot_20190704-183849_Settings.jpg

sneakyboom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm missing the top half actually. It comes up with button order as the only option.