cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s10+ low volume during phone calls

I have been using the device since it was first released and last few weeks have had an issue hearing the other person on the phone. The volume is very low and I have to resort to putting them on speaker to hear them.

I have tried restarting the phone.

Made sure my call volume is all the way up by pressing the volume up side button on the phone while in a call.

I have force stopped the phone app

I have cleared phone app cache.

I have soft reset the device.

I have removed my case.

No solution has worked.

Has anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s10+ low volume during phone calls

its on my phone as well it must have something to do with recent update
Highlighted
Astronaut

Take a plastic tooth pick and a Qtip put a little rubbing alcohol on the cotton and gently rub the screen where in call mic is located, then take tooth pick and carefully scrap the screen that protects speakers. use a air spray or blow the dust that comes off. repeat a few times. You will most likely get your sound on incoming calls back.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

You can try wiping the system cache partition on the device.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You also have an option to have your device evaluated by a certified technician at your local UBreakIFix so they can take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing.