cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s10e - Sim ID Unavailable, No Data

I have a Galaxy s10e. It is unlocked from ATT and ever since unlocking it, it no longer works with my ATT based Tracfone service or my Sprint service after proper registration and Sim card.  If I reset my carrier settings and have airplane mode on, when I insert the Sim card fresh, I can see the information including the Sim ID number. But as soon as it connects to wifi and registers, that information dissapears.  It shows my phone number associated with the Sim so it isn't a hardware problem regarding the Sim card slot. 

I can't see the Sim card ICCID number when I go into my settings. I have full bars when I have the Tracfone Sim in, and a circle with a line when I have my Sprint Sim in.  When I attempt to make a call, I get a notification that I'm not registered on the network despite getting a message earlier that I have successfully registered the network.

I have a non-carrier version of Android 10 firmware on my phone with a fresh install. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s10e - Sim ID Unavailable, No Data

Since you stated that it's a fresh install, I'm assuming that you've done a factory reset as well. If not, I would try that. If that does not resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting your current carrier regarding their network permissions.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes it was a factory reset. I was with their tech support for quite a few hours regarding registering the phone on their network as well as activating the Sim properly (as well as making sure I had the correct Sim), they provisioned my service and refreshed it as well.  I cam safely say the issue is with the phone and not with the service. 

The Tracfone Sim worked in my other phone, unfortunately because the way Sprint works, I couldn't just swap the Sim. I have a Sprint tablet and I had service where I was trying to get this to work. I currently have an iPhone that is also unlocked from ATT that I successfully set up a Sprint line on, but that's just a slow backup phone until I can figure out my Galaxy.

The thing I don't understand, after I unlocked my phone, it no longer worked with my Tracfone Sim, any ideas why?  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'm having the same trouble as you. And I hate that I can't figure it out. 

Ever since the most recent update I am not able to send/recieve mms or use internet/data on my phone without a WiFi connection. I've tried reconfiguring the apn settings,l multiple times. My phone is unlocked G97OU1 with an ATT Micro Sim.

Any advice would help. Thank you.