JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s10e setting phone to vibrate silences notifications

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 07:22 AM)
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I hold the volume rocker down to vibrate, or I choose "vibrate" from the Sound settings, my Galaxy s10e silences notifications (see attached). My old S8 (and every other phone I've owned) would match the notifications to the phone, i.e., when the phone was set to ring so was notifications. Screenshot_20190707-114938_Settings.jpg

24 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you able to adjust the notification bar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What do you mean "adjust the notification bar?" 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After test on our device, I see you are unable to move the notification bar if your device is set to vibrate. Upon testing our device, even with the phone on vibrate and the notification bar appearing the same way yours does, the notification still cause the phone to vibrate. When your device is on vibrate does your device still vibrate when you receive a notification?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My device vibrates when my phone is set to vibrate and I get a phone call. But when my phone is set to vibrate, my notifications automatically go to silent, so when I get an email or text message while I'm in vibrate, my device does not vibrate when I get a text message or email. When my phone is set to vibrate, he volume bar for notifications is greyed out and cannot be used, as you see in the picture I previously sent you. The issue seems to be that when I put my phone to vibrate, the device then automatically puts my notifications to silent. With my prior phones, including the Galaxy S8, the notification volume/vibrate always followed the phone's volume/vibrate settings. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

0 Likes
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, how do I do that? And what data/information will I lose? 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You won't lose data/information with wiping the cache partition. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

userFCuTo3yJeS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this same problem and did the cache wipe. 

No joy.

Any new ideas???

It's making me insane!!! Just recently started!

0 Likes
userGO4VymFSE6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue ever sense the latest update. I tried clearing the cache and it did nothing to solve this issue. Is there anymore information about this? This is a big problem for Samsung and Android.

0 Likes