cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpT6soOn5dU
Constellation

Gallery data not syncing with samsung cloud

This is frustrating...I have been struggling to make it work but it just refuses to listen!

Until I had upgraded from Note 5 to S10 Plus my Gallery data was syncing fine with samsung cloud but with new S10+ it is not syncing. 

I tried all help available online, had a chat with samsung representative and followed his instructions but to no avail. I already did the following things:

- Turned Auto Sync on in sertings

- Enabled Gallery to sync with samsung cloud

- Tried manually to sync by using Sync Now option

- cleared cache, data and forced stop the app 

- Removed Samsung account and added it back.

- Restarted the phone

- Last sync date shown as the date when I added back the samsung account but no Gallery data is synced after that.

- If try to manually sync, it starts syncing but after a minute or so its says "couldn't sync try again later"😡

All other data is getting synced except gallery! 

Now I am really frustrated. Does anyone has experienced sumilar issue...any solution will be appreciated. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gallery data not syncing with samsung cloud

Are you using wifi or your mobile data?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userpT6soOn5dU
Constellation

I am using wifi 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur when you use private or public wifi?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userpT6soOn5dU

I had the same issue with gallery cloud sync. I set up three albums for testing cloud sync. Cloud Sync 1&2 and Cloud sync cloud only.

I broke cloud sync once by accident and twice on purpose. 

I cleared the cache and data for the gallery app and the Samsung cloud app but it still wouldn't sync. Because I didn't have anything really important in the test folders I opened the Samsung cloud gallery sync interface and on the main page selected delete all gallery data from cloud.

After that I opened the gallery cloud sync interface and selected sync to open the settings menu and selected albums to upload, chose one then turned sync back on. Once I saw that it was syncing again I added the other two albums and everything is fine now.

For that particular cloud sync issue I tried everything and this is the only way I found to get it working again. It's better to sync one or two small albums first to make sure it's syncing again. 

I also noticed once that when cloud sync stopped working one of my synced albums wouldn't let me copy or move any of the images to another album. I created a new album and used my files to copy the images to the new album and then deleted the original synced album. I got the notification to sync the new album and turned on sync and everything worked fine again.

CLF 

T-mobile

Android 9.0 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019