cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Game booster notifications setting blocked

*please note I am talking about game booster, not game launcher*

As the only games I'm playing are Wordfeud and Solitaire, I don't need this. Still I get notifications.

I've looked at other suggestions on this forum, but if I go to Settings - notifications, the main button to disable the notifications is greyed out.

How to get rid of this rather annoying feature?

BTW: @samsung: all this unrequested, unrequired and uninstallable muck is exactly why I was so happy with my Huawei P10.  The Chinese government might have been watching, but at least they were quiet about it... :-P

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Game booster notifications setting blocked

Try force closing Game Booster and clearing the data. Mine is working fine so I'm not sure why it's doing this

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks for the quick response, H! No luck. I'm on android 10, One UI 2.0. It's a fairly new and fresh phone.

What i don't understand - and what the information in the Play store also doesn't specify - is: what is this app about? 

I switched off the permissions/authorisations (not sure what the EN translation is), and 'show on top' and everything else I could find, and now it's sending me notifications if I don't want to switch those on again... :-S Who made this up???

PS. how do I clear data after force closing?

Sigh!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Oh I understand what you mean now! Mine is the same I guess it's just a Samsung feature that can't get removed but mine is greyed out as well. Won't even let me hide the notification banner

Highlighted
Astronaut

Well, misery loves company ;-)

We'll have to wait from somebody from Samsung to explain it to us then...