cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear 2 Neo won't connect to S10e

I recently upgraded from the S7 to the S10e. When attempting to connect my Gear 2 Neo watch to my S10e, the Galaxy Wearable app resets my watch but does not connect to my new phone. My watch works perfectly fine and I don't want to have to buy a new one. Any thoughts on how I can fix this issue? 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear 2 Neo won't connect to S10e

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to pair the watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am. I don't remember what it says exactly, but it's starting that I need to select a specific permission which is not an option when I drill down through all of the permissions. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Here is a screenshot of the message I receive... Screenshot_20200116-151934_Gear Plugin.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give the steps provided a try: go to settings > app info, click on Samsung Gear app > tap on permission, and then tap on allow

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't have the Samsung Gear app on the S10e, just the Galaxy Wearable app. Here is a screenshot of the app settings that Galaxy Wearable shows me. Screenshot_20200116-154131_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try going to Settings>Applications>select the three dots for more options and choose Show All System Apps. Look for one that mentions the android.permission-group.UNDEFINED. If you are able to locate the app open it. Select Force Stop. Then select Storage, and then Clear Cache. Restart your phone once you do this. You can also check permissions here.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I wasn't able to find the one that mentions that permission. Going into the all system apps option, I searched for "permission" and this is what the results are...Screenshot_20200116-172759_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I see. We would need a match. Have you uninstalled the app from the phone and then reinstalled it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a couple times with the same error message coming up.