cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoundRocks
Asteroid

Get nicer folders without changing theme

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an S10+ and want to use the dark mode. As you know, the dark mode won't work with themes.

One workaround would be to get a dark theme but the downside is that since you can't use dark mode, lots of apps won't be able to run in dark mode.

Here's the dark theme I tried and loved:

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-17 at 13.49.25.jpeg

So I thought about using Samsung's theme with dark wallpaper.
The only issue with Samsung's theme is that I hate the default icons.

So I found that you can download and install only a custom icon pack and still have the dark mode on. I found an icon pack I liked. Great.

The issue now is that the FOLDERS on the home page look hideous and don't flow with the look.

Take a look at the four folders on the home page and compare them to how the folders look in the previous screenshot with the theme.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-17 at 13.48.13.jpeg

Is there any way to get the folders to look nicer without installing a custom theme?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Get nicer folders without changing theme

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

@RoundRocks

Great theme. The only option I've used is to change the folder background color to something dark and set the transparency. I don't see any option to change the font size or the character count of the folder labels. 

They'll look a lot better with the dark background while you're looking for a better way to change them. 

CLF 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

@RoundRocks

Great theme. The only option I've used is to change the folder background color to something dark and set the transparency. I don't see any option to change the font size or the character count of the folder labels. 

They'll look a lot better with the dark background while you're looking for a better way to change them. 

CLF 

View solution in original post

RoundRocks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's exactly what I need! How do you change the folder BG colour and transparency?

RoundRocks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, figured it out! Do you know if there is a way to make the folder borders less rounded?

000.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Change the color of the folder, press the rainbowed color, on the bottom there will be a transparency toggle,slide all the way to the left, it will make the folder transparent, it will blend in with your wallpaper!

RoundRocks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Robin. Do you know if there is a way to make the folder borders less rounded?

Samsung_IR72oeh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Those folders look pretty nice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No you can't change the folder shape

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

@RoundRocks

Nicely done!

Just woke up and saw the message. I agree a few shape and size options would be great. It has a thin frame around it I can hardly see. I like the vertical frames you had on the theme you were using.

Either way your home page layout, icons and color blending skills are looking great. 

Thanks for sharing the results I really appreciate it. 

Very best regards, 

CLF