cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonypau1
Asteroid

God stop the constant voicemail notifications please

I get notified seemingly all the time about voicemails. I live in NYC, every subway stop on my phone and on my Galaxy watch I get new voicemail alert. Samsung please add a feature to turn off voicemail notifications. It's driving me crazy. I'm IT guy and I've tried multiple solutions. I don't want a temporary solution. Please add an option to turn off voicemail notifications.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: God stop the constant voicemail notifications please

Gee you must get a lot of voicemails to get notifications that often! Unless you just keep getting the notification for the same voicemail over and over again until you open it.  I've had that issue with Sprint voicemail before but something they did with the latest update seemed to fix it.

Can't you turn off the voicemail apps notification in settings? Should be as easy as going to settings-notifications-scroll to find your voicemail app-toggle the switch to off.  I'm guessing though that for some reason that's not an option that worked for you. 

anthonypau1
Asteroid

There is a visual voicemail option. There isn't a voicemail option aside from that. I could disable "phone" notifications, but then I'd miss phone call notifications.

@anthonypau1 wrote:

There is a visual voicemail option. There isn't a voicemail option aside from that. I could disable "phone" notifications, but then I'd miss phone call notifications.

Weird. Try this:  Go to settings, turn on option to show system apps [3 dots top right corner] then scroll through all the apps until you get to the voicemail one and then turn off notifications.  With Sprint the voicemail app shows up in regualr apps but I am not sure how that's handled with other carriers

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried disabling the notification for your Voicemail settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Sun

Hey, 

On my phone the voicemail notification settings are in the phone app. Settings/show system apps /phone /notifications. There are several phone app entries I see it in the first one. The switch to toggle it on and off is greyed out but if I tap the entry on the left side a menu opens with all the usual options. I hope you find this on your phone as well.

CLFScreenshot_20190617-082121_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190617-082006_Settings.jpg

anthonypau1
Asteroid

Screenshot_20190618-110553_Settings.jpg

I have latest software updates, developer mode enabled, showing system apps. Galaxy S10. I don't see what you're seeing

Samsung Care Ambassador

Just to be certain that you are looking at the same thing as CLF. He suggested going to

1. phone settings
  2. click on Apps
  3. Click on the 3 dot menu and select "Show system apps"
  4. Scroll down to the Phone app. On my phone there are 4 of them for some odd reason.
  5. If I click on the topmost Phone app, click on Notifications, I get the list that CLF mentioned above.
anthonypau1
Asteroid

Arrrrg so aggravating, I thought this was the answer but AGAIN i'm getting bombarded with voicemail notifications sometimes every few minutes today.

I looked in all 4 phone apps for voicemail settings and disabled all the places that referenced voicemail notifications. This still hasn't stopped them.

this is really aggravating.

Sun

Hey, 

All I can change in the voicemail notification settings is set the notification style to silent and minimized and the sound to silent. I can also turn off the notification badges. 

You mentioned that sometimes the notification time interval is every few minutes. Any chance that notification reminders is active?

CLF