cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXvll4eRcRi
Constellation

Google Assistant features keep getting turned off ("paused")

So I'm using my Sprint Galaxy S10 5G with a Subaru head unit with Android Auto support. In order to fully use Android Auto (e.g. to  use voice recognition to place calls or send text messages) there are two features in Google Assistant that keep getting turned off. They are "App info from your devices" and "Contact from your devices". I keep turning these on under either the Google Assistant notification that appears on my screen or by going to Settings->Google->Account services->Search, Assistant & Voice -> Google Assistant -> Your data in the Assistant. I turn both of the paused services on. Then, some time later (which could be a few minutes or even several days), those services will get randomly "paused" again, without me doing anything to change those settings. The problem is without those services active, when I try to use a voice command to "Send a text to [name]", I just get a response back that says, "Sure, let me get some more information so I can help with that". I want these services to stay on permanently, and I'm getting extremely frustrated that they keep getting turned off.

I've tried everything from disabling Bixby's permission to change system settings (assuming it was fighting Google Assistant) to clearing all Google services data and cache and rebooting the phone, but nope, those services keep getting turned off! UGH!!! Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Google Assistant features keep getting turned off ("paused")

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userXvll4eRcRi
Constellation

Yes, I tried wiping the entire cache partition for the phone (didn't fix the problem), I also tried downloading and installing the latest version of Google Assistant (rather than use the version that came preinstalled on the phone), and I tried individually wiping both the data and the cache for all the Google system apps...none of the above fixed the problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you verified that Google Assistant is not listed under Sleeping apps or Optimized apps?

Highlighted
userQIs5JdscZF
Asteroid

Yes it is neither and still is not working, so Baaterry Optimization or being listed under sleeping apps is not the problem.

SAMSUNG be warned Google is not playing fair, they are also due to make a folding PIXEL to compete or overtake you in a couple of years for market share

userQIs5JdscZF
Asteroid

You are not Alone I am an AT&T CUSTOMER WITH THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. 

Realize that Google is going to make its own Folding Pixel and that it will be a flop unless they can convince the public their product is better. Of course Samsung already made a great product and Google is now crippling Hands Free Calling which is Mandated by law by the way in California unless you want  ticket

Either way we both paid for Android licenses and now should ask our carriers to take on Google for unfair business practices because I am sure Samsung is too notch and Google is being greedy for no good reason but other than gaining market share by crippling its competition early enough in advance to corner the market for none other than itself.

State Attorney Generals taKe note that ABC Company doing Business as Google in California and other states is not playing fair!