In the last 6 months I started to have random problems with google search. It keeps hanging and I can only close it by gesture, swiping up. Going back after a search to search something else is not working. After, for example, searching for a keyword I swipe from side to go back, it does nothing. I can still pres on results and it works, but not to go back. And after 5-10 seconds I see the execution of the back command. It's very frustrating because it's happening quite often. I uninstalled the app, I cleared the cache, it still does it after a while.
I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.