cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4I3GbxjAsn
Asteroid

Google assistant missing? Unable to install?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've recently invested in some smart-home stuff from Google, but always had an iPhone, which was less integrated. Now, I finally have an android device, Samsung Galaxy S10, and was exited to be able to have Google Assistant on it. I knew Bixby came as default, but I've read everywhere that Assistant can also be called.

To my surprise: Google Assistant is completely missing from the device! Setting "Google" as my default assistance app just does a Google search in the "Google" app, not in Assistant, so it can't control my smarthome devices at all.

When I look in the google play store on the phone, I can't find it anywhere. If I look online, it says it's unavailable for my device. I've installed the APK, but opening it still opens the Google app for some reason. Deactivating the google app and then opening it just shows an empty screen with "The google assistant isn't available on your device."

Is this common? iPhones were less integrated with Google Assistant, but at least it worked on it...

Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Google assistant missing? Unable to install?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are you located? I'm in the US, have a S10+ and Google Assistant is in the play store and available for my device.

But... Google Assistant was last updated Mar 5, 2018. It has been superseded by Google Home.

My advice is to give Google Home a go.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are you located? I'm in the US, have a S10+ and Google Assistant is in the play store and available for my device.

But... Google Assistant was last updated Mar 5, 2018. It has been superseded by Google Home.

My advice is to give Google Home a go.

user4I3GbxjAsn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Longhiker, thanks for the reply.

I'm located in Belgium, Europe. I've also installed the Google Home app, which works great and also controls my home, but there is no voice assistant in there. There is an icon, but when I press it, it just switches to the google app and does a google search, it doesn't let me control my home.

This is all very strange, since this worked perfectly on IOS (both in the Google Home and the Google Assistant app). Since I've not found any info on this issue anywhere, I'm guessing I'm experiencing a bug.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no idea if Google is limited in some way in Belgium but it would appear so.

This area is for US support. Samsung has other sites for other countries. You might want to use the European/Belgium area.

user4I3GbxjAsn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems the problem resolved itself? Suddenly, the google assistant is available, no idea why.

Thanks anywxay!

userkKWqQpBNzr
Asteroid

have you teyed holb.ding the home button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have you teyed holb.ding the home button

userkKWqQpBNzr
Asteroid

*holding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*holding