Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Google maps : GPS signal lost when phone locked galaxy s10 plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Team,

During maps navigation,  each time I lock the phone ,Google maps states that GPS signal is lost and my navigation stops. Navigation works fine as long as the phone is unlocked. Power mode = high perfomance / optimized with adaptive power saving off.

Reinstalling maps  and phone factory reset did not resolve the issue .

Model : SMG975F

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Google maps : GPS signal lost when phone locked galaxy s10 plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si  Open Settings. Search "Optimize battery usage". Check if Maps is in the Apps Not Optimized List. @ResQ176 check the same (or any app) if Spotify is in the list. Also, check if the app is not in the list of always sleeping apps in device care > battery.

If a response solves your query, please make sure to hit "Accept as Solution" and drop some love. Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problem.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im noticing the same thing with spotify as well . Songs stop playing in the background a while after the phone is locked, then resume once the power button is pressed.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si  Open Settings. Search "Optimize battery usage". Check if Maps is in the Apps Not Optimized List. @ResQ176 check the same (or any app) if Spotify is in the list. Also, check if the app is not in the list of always sleeping apps in device care > battery.

If a response solves your query, please make sure to hit "Accept as Solution" and drop some love. Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@izephyr  Thanks for the quick response.  Maps was enabled In the setting.  I have disabled it now and will test it for a while . Will reply if this works , in a couple  of days.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brilliant! It worked for both spotify and maps!.. 

@izephyr  You're a life saver dude ! Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si I am so glad that my suggestions worked for you. Cheers!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi izephyr,

Checked and ensured Maps is not in the Apps Not Optimized List and not in the always sleeping apps.  Still gps signal gets lost when I lock the phone.  When I press the power (right side) button, the navigation does not update as if there was no satellite connection.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpYZyltoLB8 What are your Power settings and Location settin set to? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Power mode: optimized, location settings on for everything except location sharing.