Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFlAwsEP1si
Asteroid

Google maps : GPS signal lost when phone locked galaxy s10 plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Team,

During maps navigation,  each time I lock the phone ,Google maps states that GPS signal is lost and my navigation stops. Navigation works fine as long as the phone is unlocked. Power mode = high perfomance / optimized with adaptive power saving off.

Reinstalling maps  and phone factory reset did not resolve the issue .

Model : SMG975F

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
izephyr
Halo

Re: Google maps : GPS signal lost when phone locked galaxy s10 plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si  Open Settings. Search "Optimize battery usage". Check if Maps is in the Apps Not Optimized List. @ResQ176 check the same (or any app) if Spotify is in the list. Also, check if the app is not in the list of always sleeping apps in device care > battery.

If a response solves your query, please make sure to hit "Accept as Solution" and drop some love. Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
6 REPLIES 6
ResQ176
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problem.

userFlAwsEP1si
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im noticing the same thing with spotify as well . Songs stop playing in the background a while after the phone is locked, then resume once the power button is pressed.

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si  Open Settings. Search "Optimize battery usage". Check if Maps is in the Apps Not Optimized List. @ResQ176 check the same (or any app) if Spotify is in the list. Also, check if the app is not in the list of always sleeping apps in device care > battery.

If a response solves your query, please make sure to hit "Accept as Solution" and drop some love. Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
userFlAwsEP1si
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@izephyr  Thanks for the quick response.  Maps was enabled In the setting.  I have disabled it now and will test it for a while . Will reply if this works , in a couple  of days.

userFlAwsEP1si
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brilliant! It worked for both spotify and maps!.. 

@izephyr  You're a life saver dude ! Thanks a lot!

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlAwsEP1si I am so glad that my suggestions worked for you. Cheers!