cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertCOWJrymbQ
Constellation

Google play install/update apps stalls every time

Whenever I try to update apps or install new ones, Google play will download the app (most of the time to 100%) and then stall without ever installing the app. To finish the installation I have to force close the app and reopen, often several times, before it completes.

I've tried clearing caches, data storage, even did the factory reset on my phone and nothing has worked long term. Sometimes these methods will allow me to install/update multiple apps consecutively but it never lasts until the next day.

I have a Samsung S10e and have had this issue since I bought in March 2019. I had Samsung S6 active previously and it started having these problems in late 2018 after 3 years with no issues, so I suspect this is related to Google Android system updates. I see lots of posts all over the internet and this site of other Samsung users with the same problems so clearly this is a systemic issue.

Not sure if there is anything to be done or if the only solution is to stop buying Samsung products.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Google play install/update apps stalls every time

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_KpMGfmv
Astronaut

My Google don't have a mic

My Google don't have a mic

Neutron Star

Re: Google play install/update apps stalls every time

@usertCOWJrymbQ wrote:

Whenever I try to update apps or install new ones, Google play will download the app (most of the time to 100%) and then stall without ever installing the app. To finish the installation I have to force close the app and reopen, often several times, before it completes.

I've tried clearing caches, data storage, even did the factory reset on my phone and nothing has worked long term. Sometimes these methods will allow me to install/update multiple apps consecutively but it never lasts until the next day.

I have a Samsung S10e and have had this issue since I bought in March 2019. I had Samsung S6 active previously and it started having these problems in late 2018 after 3 years with no issues, so I suspect this is related to Google Android system updates. I see lots of posts all over the internet and this site of other Samsung users with the same problems so clearly this is a systemic issue.

Not sure if there is anything to be done or if the only solution is to stop buying Samsung products.

I haven't done this in some time, but we used to clear data of Google Services Framework.

Settings>apps>tap 3 dots on top right>show system appps, find google services framework, tap on storage and first clear chache, if won't fix, you can try clearing data