cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Group messages sent as individual texts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new Galaxy S10 (bought last month).  Whenever I respond to a group message it sends individual texts to each person.   They get confused, and I get annoyed.  I have spent 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot,  but nothing is working.  Internet suggestions are just plain wrong (outdated?)  Help? Please? Smiley Happy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Group messages sent as individual texts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanted to update to my original post.  The problem appears to have *gone away* on its own for me.  Perhaps an update came through?  I'm with rinrinrin, that this issue seems to have come about after an update in late December  was installed.  I did NOT do anything to fix this issue.  I essentially gave up after nobody here could help me (and Samsung told me to reach out to my provider - um, thanks for nothing). 

I will say that I did reboot my phone (although I already had done that before starting this message, and it did not fix it).  I also unchecked the *group conversation* radial style button off and then back on a few times, as well as a few other settings that were already on (turned off then back on, then rebooted again, etc).  A week later I replied to a group message, and my friends congratulated me on fixing my phone LOL.  Um, I didn't do anything...  It just fixed itself.  Really annoying though...

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using a carrier device or an unlocked device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verizon phone, but my understanding is all Verizon phones are unlocked now.  I tried checking my phone's Verizon settings too, but no luck yet.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you running Android 9 or 10 on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No clue.  Switched from iPhone last month, so rooky Android user.  How can I check?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found it.  Version 10.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have iMessage turned off on your iPhone?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try: 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Tap Messages.
  3. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (middle-right).
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap Chat settings.
  6. Tap the switch(es) to turn the following features on or off :
    • Use nickname in chats
      Note To create a nickname:
      1. tap Nickname,
      2. enter the preferred name then tap OK.
    • Share read status
    • Auto download
    • Roaming auto-download
    • Share typing indications

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are no *chat settings*.  I just had my son try this too (longtime android user).  He says same thing.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.