cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Hands tingling when using Samsung S 9 + and S10 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s10+, and I have no issues with it whatsoever, and I use it constantly! I most likely have the phone in my hands for a good 8-10 hours daily, and nothing. First off, the "metal" on the side of the phone isnt metal at all, its aluminum, which doesnt conduct electricity like metal does, any 3rd grader in science could of told you that. 2ndly, the front and back of the phone are made of gorilla glass, which isnt even glass it's a solidized plexy glass, similar to safety glass, which also doesnt conduct electricity, and also ABSORBS VIBRATION!. Which is why gorilla glass was invented in the first place. Theres no IR Buster sensor in the phone, (infared buster) so there goes that claim, the nfc sensor is not even electrical, nor does it carry any harmful radiation waves, as it doesnt even use wifi, literally the nfc sensor is in every security tag that's pinned to clothes at the mall, and uses echo vibration signals, almost like a bat. The only close to possible sensor in the whole phone that could even have the slightest chance of causing a vibration besides the vibration system that's PURPOSELY set in phones for silent mode, is the magnetic sensor that's ment for cordless charging, which that's not even a real chance since their depolorized. If your gonna make a false claim for a chance at a never gonna happen lawsuit, at least read some scientifical studies and know of the hardware in a product before making yourself look foolish. Litterally a grade schooler could of known these facts. And for the rest of you that are feeding into this nonsense I got a medical term for you that you all seem to be suffering, two actually if you want to be specific. 1)the Placebo effect, and Hyperchondriacal ism

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own the S9+ currently, and b4 that the S7+, S6+, and you can go down the list and also the iPhone 8 & 8+, and the 6+. I have been checked for carpal tunnel as that was the 1st thing I thought was wrong. I personally can pick up my phone and lay it across my palm and the tingling starts, it get worst when I'm actually holding it to use. And as soon as I put it completely down my fingers and hands slowly go back to normal. This is the only phone I am having this issue with.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I hope your smart enough to NOT give anyone online your IMEI number, that's like giving them permission to steal your phone and all your personal data

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No false claims here "Legendary Hogan". I owned an S4 note for years, no problems like this at all. I have only had the S10 note plus for about 8 weeks...started feeling electrical "shocks" from it last week.  Just as someone described, like  a jolt from a socket with tingling and numbness too. Very concerning. I went online to see if others had experienced it too, which they have. It is obviously a phone issue, and a bad one at that. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I've finally found the reason for this, The Galaxy 9 and galaxy 10 including the note series have 2 speakers which can be used with Dolby Atmos. Both speakers create a strong vibration so if your holding your phone while watching a video or listening to your music without headphones your hands get a tingling sensation. After finding this curious post I did some testing (I don't have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). I used my note 10+ for long periods without any sounds and my hands felt great. It was when I watched a 2hr movie on Netflix using my phones audio when I started feeling tingles through both my arms as well as the numbness on my fingers. SO THE SOLUTION IS TO USE HEADPHONES OR EAR PIECES WHEN PLAYING ANY TYPE OF AUDIO

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

glad you found a solution, but for me it happens all the time. I don't use my phone for watching tv more for social media, games, emailing, etc. my media volume is off for the games and the setting is set to off on all games. I wish my answer was as easy.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having this issue now.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem with my S10. I had the symptoms on the very day I bought the phone and never before. I have my phone in a leather case and get it as soon as I pick up my phone. I dont have it when I pick up anything else of similar size (the wife's iPhone for instance). This is not carpol tunnel but a clear design fault. I literally cannot hold my phone anymore and have to use it by resting it on a table or a book to avoid holding it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of you who are having the tingling / numbness in fingers, particularly the thumb, index, and middle finger,,,,,, is this happening mostly when looking down (bowing) at your phone but disappears when looking straight ahead or forward at your phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't noticed anything with my phones however I have experienced a great deal of discomfort using my tablet doing puzzles etc. I have decided to buy one with a stylus