cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irfan_nasir
Asteroid

Heating Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've bought S10+ last month. 3 days ago my phone got in contact with after shave which I have put in my cupboard. I then realized that it was wet. I rushed to the instruction manual it was written on the manual that on contact with chemical or other cosmetics, rinse properly and dry it before use. I did the same. But my phone keeps heating. On idle it feels warm. I've check with clean master application and git 35 -40°c temperature. All functions of the phone are running smoothly. I'm concerned that it gets warm. Please guide me wether I need to give this device to Samsung Authorized center for repair or cleaning of the device?. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Heating Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@irfan_nasir I would recommend taking your device to your local service center as it has had contact with liquid. They would be able to advise if your device has any damage or if it would need possible repairs.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @irfan_nasir, I hope you are doing well.

I'm sorry to hear about your device and it's issue with overheating. Could you please tell me what your current baseband version is? (This can be found in Settings>About phone>Software information.)

Please try these possible solutions:

• Wipe system cache (a guide can be found here.)

• Place device in Safe Mode. Safe Mode will disable all third party apps to determine if the issue is being caused by a downloaded app. (To boot into Safe Mode, a guide can be found here.)

I hope any of this helps. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
irfan_nasir
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sir I've checked the safe mode option. The device is now good. But using games, the screen gets warmer to touch. Also the battery life has somewhat decreased. I've attached the baseband version as a picture in this thread. I will also check the cache partition wiping. Without cover the device is hot and I cannot hold it for long times. Please guide me whether I should give the device to Authorized Samsung Outlets for cleaning or repair purpose?

Screenshot_20190717-165957_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @irfan_nasir, thank you for responding.

I'm glad to hear that placing the device in Safe Mode helped. That means that those apps/games are definitely running a bit too harsh on your device. A cache wipe should definitely help out in this situation.

I've also noticed that you're using an Exynos model. Are you in the US? I'm asking because these forums are specific to the United States. Either way, my process should help you.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
irfan_nasir
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes sir I'm using Exynos verison. Sir the device gets warm even I don't use wifi or mobile data. Is it better to give it to an authorized service station for clean up of device and battery? @ as this all started after contact with after shave. 

Another thing I noticed that while using games like Dream League Soccer, there are light brown tinges in the grass. I don't know if I'm over exaggerating it but sir I'm concerned about the device. The device care option shows no problems.

irfan_nasir
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sir another thing I want to ask, while using the phone in broad daylight, the ultesonic fingerprint gets visible. Is it normal? Also is there any water damage indicator on the device? To check if something has been damaged?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@irfan_nasir I would recommend taking your device to your local service center as it has had contact with liquid. They would be able to advise if your device has any damage or if it would need possible repairs.

irfan_nasir
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok sir will surely do. Thank you for the help.

irfan_nasir
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sir I recieved the device yesterday, the repair person said there is no fault in the cpu but still the device gets warm on the left side. On surfing on wifi and watching YouTube. Without cover I can't hold the device as it gets uncomfortable to touch. Why this issue is still going on?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@irfan_nasir I believe this article here will be able to assist you. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/