cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Help With Model Number Discrepancy... SM-G973U1ZKAX vs. SM-G973UZKAXAA

Hi,

I have searched the forum and I was unable to find an answer...

I purchased an Unlocked S10 direct from Amazon.com (not a third party reseller). The product description listed SM-G973UZKAXAA. The box I received has this model number listed:

SM-G973U1ZKAX

What are the differences between these models? Is there a difference in specifications? Warranty? Functionality? Anything?

Please help.

Thanks!

CT

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Help With Model Number Discrepancy... SM-G973U1ZKAX vs. SM-G973UZKAXAA

I did try contacting Samsung customer support about this. I sat on hold for two hours. No one at Samsung could answer this question. If anyone knows what's up with the model numbers, specifically SM-G973U1ZKAX, I would really appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userU9iYVztTT9 Can I please have your IMEI in a private message so I can confirm the full model number for you: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

That was their response, hope it helps you out.

Highlighted
Astronaut

A friend of mine order a phone from Amazon, the model posted was SM-G973U1ZKAX but the model on the box he received says SM-G973UZKAXAA

Highlighted
Astronaut

My apologies for the delay in my response. I was trying to check the differences between these two models and I found that this model: SM-G973UZKAXAA is a US unlocked version of the S10 and this model: SM-G973U1ZKAX I could not find it on my system, looks like it is an international version.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Seems that the store where you bought the device on Amazon, posted the incorrect model of the device to sell it. You can check all specs of this device on this link: https://t.co/yrQpm21Xzl Let me know if you have any other questions. ^Issa

Highlighted
Asteroid

The Samsung rep could not identify model SM-G973U1ZKAX. I was asked to open the box, turn on the phone, and provide the IMEI number. I declined, since this would jeopardize my chances of returning the phone. The phone was sent back to Amazon on Friday (unopened). Waiting for a refund for what is apparently an international, non-US version of the phone. I had ordered the unlocked US version of the phone, SM-G973UZKAXAA. I was sent SM-G973U1ZKAX. No one at Samsung (5 different customer service reps) has been able to identify SM-G973U1ZKAX. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

The model number SM-G973U1ZKAX is definitely not a US variant. Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Did you get an answer? I am having the same issue ...