JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do you access apps while a call is incoming from lock screen?

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 02:09 PM)
BatteryBrides
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do you access the home screen or other apps from the incoming call screen (from locked)? There is a setting to keep a call in a pop-up or mini pop-up while already using other apps, but I can't find one from the lock screen.

As an example, I would like to open Chrome to Google a number before answering or declining it.

Thanks.
6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BatteryBrides They aren't available until after you unlock. If they did, it would be a security hole. 

BatteryBrides
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Then how do I unlock during the incoming call screen? I have it set to swipe, so there is no actual security anyway.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
are you not getting an unlock prompt with your set unlock choice to come up when you push the home button regardless of the call display being normal or minimized? You can't use but a few things like the phone app, camera, calculator, flashlight, do not disturb etc while the phone is screen locked and most of those need to be the selected shortcut you've chosen to allow that. Allowing an individual to go to Google, and then Google something would require identifying personal information to be used and would violate your privacy rights even though it's you trying to do that. the phone doesn't know that until you enter the unlock code. two quick fixes for you so you won't have this issue anymore... 1, set your screen lock to none just know that anyone who picks up your phone would have access to the whole thing.. 2, download a caller ID app, there are hundreds of them and most are free, then let them tell you who's calling. if your thinking about the number, wanting to Google it to see if you want to answer it then... you probably should let the voice mail get that one.
0 Likes
BatteryBrides
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I dont have an unlock code at all. I just have it set to swipe the screen. No security.

What I dont like is that the phone doesn't let me do anything except reject or answer the call. No home button, no unlock prompt.

If I open my phone and want to screen a call and not outright reject one, I would still like the use of my phone during that 30 or so seconds.

The annoying part is that I can continue to use other apps while someone is calling me if my phone is already open and in use. It's frustrating that it takes such control.
KAOS1800
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ive been wandering bout that for a while now. even on my home screen i cant do anything unless i answer, hangup, or decline with a message. its so annoying!
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes