JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change notificaiton sound to custom sound

(Topic created: 05-08-2019 10:52 AM)
useryzPCYX9Zfe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I select a custom sound for s10+ notifications that is not in the notifications folder?
25 Replies
useryrQN69ShEg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same question
Solution
useryzPCYX9Zfe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok, I figured out how to do this. And its waaaaay unintuitive. How I got it to work = Step 1: download all music files you want as possible notifications in .mp3 form to your downloads folder (should be the default location) Step 2: Go to the Samsung App "My Files" (on my phone it is a yellow icon with white folder). Step 3: Click on "Internal Storage" option on My Files main page. Step 4: Click on "Download" folder where your files should be. Step 5: Click and Hold the file you want as Notification sound, after a moment the app will show grey circles a with checkmarks in the files you select. Once you select all the files you want at notification sounds, click "Copy" at bottom of screen. Step 6: Click the text at top of screen that says "> Internal Storage" , this takes you back to folder list. Then click on "Notifications" folder and click "Copy Here" on bottom right of screen. (I don't know why this Copy Here text is greyed out when accessing this from Notifications app, but here it was not greyed out for me and it copied) Step 7: Go to the "Settings" app from your main screen all apps list. Click "Notifications" . My phone showed a list of Recently sent apps, just below that list you need to click "See All" . This gives you a list of all apps that will use Notifications. Step 8: Pick the one you want (lets say "Messages" for this example) and click its name. This brings up that apps notification options. Click on what is usually titled "General Notifications" label and it will bring up a menu that has one option as "Sound". Click the "Sound" option and you will get the list of default notification sounds with your sounds in the list in alphabetical order. That's It! You can repeat the process for Ringtones as well.
userxxkiJwCnPp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Excellent work. Thanks for that.

Ewclaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for figuring this out

userS6XVDGTfL6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Absolutely amazing! Really thought they just simply got rid of this feature. Really, to make it easier, they could've had a "+" symbol to choose a tone from a folder, like choosing an alarm. Oh well, great work around! Thanks so much!

userawX90og9gb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It worked for me the first time. Now I can't move or copy files at all. It's permanently grayed out.

Kaostheori
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much! I'm able to use wrestling theme songs as text tones for my contacts.

userI1pGllgqg6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Excellent, thanks so much. This was ther perfect solution!

BruceJohnson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have  my mp3's in the >internal Storage>Notifications folder, and they still dont show up in the pick list!