JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change notificaiton sound to custom sound

(Topic created: 03-07-2019 10:30 AM)
useryzPCYX9Zfe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I select a custom sound for s10+ notifications that is not in the notifications folder?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
userYRpmcamNgm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I copied the files direct into Notifications and they worked fine. App Gmail and Voice Mail use .wma format. Custom phone ringtones use .mp3. These are stored in the Ringtones folder. These can be copied direct to the folder also.

userVfQ3t8sy9M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

try a different file browser. i was having the same problem, i tried transferring the files again using the built-in file browser. worked like a charm. good luck!

0 Likes
Narrawa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thx Dude, well done. 🙂

_unknown
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'll give you a beer if I could. Thanks mate!

TJCrinc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks for this info. its been so long since i had to do it i had forgotten.

useroHor13h8mn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can also just drag and drop the mp3 file into the internal storage Notification folder when connected to the computer.  Much easier.  :

userSFionQEe9M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much!!! 

userE5bm8FQ3Sz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a pretty long way to do it. Maybe  things have change since then, when this was posted. The process can be a little les complicated. There's another way. First I use Zedge app to download ringtones or notifications sounds, very easy app. Once you download the sound you want, go to settings click on apps find messages. On the right side of message it will have the icon settings (If you don't see the icon on the side of messages, just click on messages, you should be able to see icon on top right) , click on it, you will find new messages, click it. You will find sounds, click it. Now you can select your sound or click on default notification sound. That's it. 

0 Likes
useru6LeyGccyi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This resets all text message notifications to the same custom sound.  Is there a way to set custom text message notifications for each person?

0 Likes
userc2qWr67dON
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Excellent!  Had been trying to overcome the challenges of adding notification sounds and had to take a moment to share some appreciation for posting this.  Man, they couldn't have made that more convoluted!  Well, may they could...  - Thanks again!

To recipricate, I found these notification sounds which are a bit more professional, rather than crazy.  Also thought the story behind why these are now free was a respectful gesture:  https://theinteractivist.com/free-ringtones-iringpro/

0 Likes