cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhkiVdTEElp
Constellation

How to resize photo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot find a setting to resize a photo to smaller for emailing to friends who can’t receive large images. Samsung says the phone can’t do this (my Note 4 could). Any ideas on an easy app to use? I can send the image to myself thru Messages and it arrives smaller but that is an extra step.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userhkiVdTEElp
Constellation

Re: How to resize photo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I wasn't using Samsung's email app I was using Gmail icon. You are right! It gave me the option to resize after I added my gmail account to the Samsung email app. Why didn't the Samsung rep know about this easy answer? I searched and searched online and everyone is saying the Galaxy S10+ doesn't have a resizing feature. Thank you so much!

@LongHiker wrote:

Are you using Samsung's email app?

If so, after you attach an image to an email you should see a line that says something like

"1 item (2.4 MB)" on the left and "Resize image" in red on the right.

If you click on "Resize image" you will get options to make it small, medium, or large.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If so, after you attach an image to an email you should see a line that says something like

If you click on "Resize image" you will get options to make it small, medium, or large.

userhkiVdTEElp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I wasn't using Samsung's email app I was using Gmail icon. You are right! It gave me the option to resize after I added my gmail account to the Samsung email app. Why didn't the Samsung rep know about this easy answer? I searched and searched online and everyone is saying the Galaxy S10+ doesn't have a resizing feature. Thank you so much!

@LongHiker wrote:

View solution in original post

userRfc3r0hZEX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new S10 and need to resize (smaller) photos that I want to send by MMS. How do you do that on this new model?

user9RceVIwbOE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRfc3r0hZEX 

If you find out, please let me know. I can't believe how HUGE the images default to. Probably just to eat up space on your phone as quickly as possible!