cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How to skip swipe to unlock

Hello. I just got a S10 and I want to go straight into the pattern/pin/code screen when I press the lock button to unlock my device. Currently when I try to unlock my device, I get the first screen that I need to swipe and then the prompt to draw my pattern. It's pointless and frustrating to have to go through 2 screens every time I want to unlock my phone. Is there an option so that the moment I press the button I am looking straight to the draw pattern screen? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to skip swipe to unlock

Hey, 

@userkial25tzoo

I only know of one way to bypass the lock screen. I use biometrics, fingerprint. When the screen is off and locked if I use the fingerprint it unlocks the phone, bypasses the lock screen and takes me straight to the homscreen.

I have the galaxy S9 so there might be an option on your S10 I'm not aware of. If not it would be a good feature request option for anyone who doesn't want the lock screen content to show when we use the power switch.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello again. 

I know that the 2 options to avoid this is by using fingerprint or face unlock, but for some reason S10s fingerprint sensor is very slow and 50% of the times doesn't match (don't know why though. I have scanned the same finger a lot of times) 

I really want to use pattern unlock but I can't understand why I need to go through 2 lock screens. 

Anyway. Thanks for the answer. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

I thought that might be the reason. Dozens of topics about the new fingerprint technology. 

I did find something interesting and I don't what to think of it. 

I set hard press the home button to unlock the phone. I chose the lowest pressure setting. When the screen is off and locked I hard press where the home button position would be and it brings up the password, pin or pattern screen. Then it takes us to the home screen. I can still see the lock screen if I want to by pressing the Power button.

CLFScreenshot_20200125-150137_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi CLF. 

My navigation bar doesn't have the above options. The page starts from navigation type and goes on.. 🤔 

I have a normal S10. Not S10+ or S105G. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userkial25tzoo

Sorry to hear that. They add new things and move or remove other things. Just to make sure they haven't moved it you could try opening settings and use search. Home button, unlock with home button and stuff like that. That's all I could find as a possible workaround. Wish I could have been more helpful.

Best regards, 

CLF

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

Highlighted
Asteroid

I searched but there is no such option on S10. Maybe it has to do with the updates. Anyway.. 

The main problem with 2 lock screens still exists and I can't find any solution at all. 😕 How do I create a Feature request? Do I just need to open a new discussion like here? 🤔

Thanks for trying to help CLF. I appreciate it. 👍

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userkial25tzoo

I added a basic tag so the developers will be able to find it more easily. You can add more tags to make it more specific. Just add a comma and type a tag. I think when the developers read this post they will know exactly what we're asking for. Sometimes they search the forums for feedback and feature requests.

Take care, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Astronaut

In the main page of the biometrics there's a menu called biometric preference where you can select to skip the animation, the fingerprint scanner word great now in comparison to launch so try the option where it shows you which print gets read so you can pinpoint the ones that don't register constantly erase them and add new ones. Reducing the animations to .5 or off could help too

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi Catalytic169. 

Reducing the animation to .5 seems to give it a better feel while unlocking with fingerprints. I don't see any difference though regarding the Biometrics preferences option. Looks the same with or without the "transition effect" 

Thanks for the tip. 👍