cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I do not have the chat option on my s10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the new s10+ and I do not have the chat option on my phone. The new feature that came with one UI that basically mimics imessage from IOS. When I go to messages>3dotmenu on the top right>settings, there should be a setting at the top for chat settings, but it is absent for some reason. Does anyone else have this with this thier phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I do not have the chat option on my s10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile has proprietary RCS. If you have an unlocked model on T-Mobile then there is no chat feature at the moment

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By chance did you buy the phone unlocked? And what carrier are you currently with?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I did and I use T-Mobile.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All my incoming MMS messages also say <subject: no subject> which is pretty annoying and my images send in 240p, that's like an old school android thing and for some reason my new phone has that but my old one didnt 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems like a bug with TMobile firmware SM-G975U. If you bought the phone through them, you should have a specific version for other phones from TMobile as I believe the S10 supports RCS. RCS should be the same as chat. 

If if you have the unlocked model, SM-G975U1, then it’s a bit different. Samsung and TMobile doesn’t support chat from that device. 

Rest assured, everything will be upgraded and available in due time. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought mine unlocked through Samsung directly. I assume that had something to do with it . So you're saying that there will be future updates that could allow me to use chat and fix the RCS issues I'm having? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile has proprietary RCS. If you have an unlocked model on T-Mobile then there is no chat feature at the moment

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I do hope an update comes soon  Because texting is pretty limited for me right now. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any updates to this? I want the rcs features but I don't want to lose my unlocked system.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7uzwSAeoTu You will need to talk with your service provider, as the Chat/RCS feature is proprietary to the carriers.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.