cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinaya
Asteroid

I have a hack/Fix for the facebook LIVE issue

I know there are many of us having issues with facebook LIVE on our s10 phones.. I go LIVE often enough for work that I was able to know the exact day it stopped working. It stopped working on May 22nd 2019. 

So I went to the Version of Facebook before that. The version is 221.0.0.48.102 find that version. Take the version on your phone off and replace it with his version. Once you have that version on your phone go into the app it's self. Go into settings go into Media and Contact, Go to App updates and shut them off. Go to your google play store and shut off auto updates. 

Until Samsung and or Facebook come up with a patch this is the best we have. Once a week I'm going to try the newest version to see if it's fixed and if not it's easy enough to go back to this one. 

Hope this helps others who like me have been losing money because they can't go LIVE 

5 REPLIES 5
userK1QGlK4YwW
Constellation

Re: I have a hack/Fix for the facebook LIVE issue

There's been multiple updates since then so I don't see a way to go back.

Dinaya
Asteroid

Remove Facebook from your phone. Go to Google and Google APK 221.0.0.48.102. Load it from there. Go into the app once its done go into the settings, go to media and contacts, go to app updates. Shut off all auto updates. You will also want to go to your Google play store and shut off auto updates.  All of this will stop your Facebook for changing to a newer version of facebook.

Troyakrause
Astronaut

If this works when I get home, I'm going to be the happie...

If this works when I get home, I'm going to be the happiest guy both sides of the mississippi

Samsung Care Ambassador

Exactly...the Facebook Live issue was posted on here a few times (a few weeks ago). Rolling back to an older version is the way to get Live working again. It's a Facebook problem and until they fix it the workaround is to install an older version. Make sure you remove Facebook entirely then search online to find the older version and install it. You can set Facebook to never update automatically so that the old/working copy isn't overwritten by a newer one.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Highlighted
Dinaya
Asteroid

Facebook. Have found a version that works better . I updated my original post. The one I had listed still does not allow for going live on business pages.

Please do Apk 221.0.0.48.102