cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D7vss
Constellation

I set up a pattern screen lock on my phone and i forgot the pattern how can i reset this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
izephyr
Halo

Re: I set up a pattern screen lock on my phone and i forgot the pattern how can i reset this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@D7vss I think you should not fear about pattern lock. Your phone needs security and patterns are a good form of security which can be conveniently unlocked too. So, put a lock on but don't be afraid of forgetting it.

In your phone, sign in to Samsung Account. Enable "Remote Unlock" in Settings > Biometrics > Find my Phone > Remote unlock. Now, once this is enabled, you can easily reset pattern/password/pin if you forget it via Samsung cloud services.

If a response solves your query, please don't forget to mark it as "Accept as Solution". Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I set up a pattern screen lock on my phone and i forgot the pattern how can i reset this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot to reset your passwords.  https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have Samsung account signed in, follow the solution by @SamsungLarry but if you did not have, then you need to factory reset the phone. You will need the google account id password to configure the phone again

Reboot to recovery by pressing bixby+vol up+power and select Wipe Data\Factory reset.

vol up/down to navigate and power button for action.

After reset you will get the phone as new. Now set up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
D7vss
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a factory reset , never putting a pattern lock again.

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@D7vss I think you should not fear about pattern lock. Your phone needs security and patterns are a good form of security which can be conveniently unlocked too. So, put a lock on but don't be afraid of forgetting it.

In your phone, sign in to Samsung Account. Enable "Remote Unlock" in Settings > Biometrics > Find my Phone > Remote unlock. Now, once this is enabled, you can easily reset pattern/password/pin if you forget it via Samsung cloud services.

If a response solves your query, please don't forget to mark it as "Accept as Solution". Enjoy!

userATXEuXc9XF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol