I just bought an s10 and when I use instagram story, and add music, the sticker appears, but when posted- it does not auto play. Zero help from Instagram or Samsung. Anyone else have this issue? Any idea how to troubleshoot?
Thanks for reaching out.
Have you tried force stopping and clear cache on the Instagram app?
Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Instagram > force stop > storage > clear cache.
See if that helps any.
Hello. Yes, I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, force stopped, and updated my phone. I'm not sure if a factory reset on my phone will do the trick, but it's the only thing I can think of left I can try.
Have you confirmed the Instagram app is up to date? Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on the device recently?
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
Hi again. Yes, the instagram app is updated, I just tried the Wipe cache partition (thank you for the very detailed instructions) and tried the app again. Unfortunately, it still doesnt work.