JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Internal Error 407 and 700

(Topic created: 08-10-2020 09:09 AM)
user8uCijEqDKf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sever weeks ago I was sent an update and told I could only ignore it  one more time. I installed it and since i have been gettin a message EVERY hour stating firmware update could not be completed message with the Internal Error 407 and occasionally Internal Error 700. I have followed all Samsungs suggestions such as removing the sim card etc but they only work for an hour. I recieved another update request this morning and thought it would work out this bug but no it has not. I am now out of warranty by 2 days waiting for Samsung to get this thaken care of. The phone seems to be working BUT the auto try EVERY hour is driving me crazy. Can you please let us know what is being done to resolve this? Thank you.

19 Replies
userMV1dwVoYYg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes Samsung has messed us all up and destroyed our expensive equipment!!

So far Samsung is doing NOTHING to help!! I think this may be my LAST SAMSUNG phone!!

User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

update to the latest software 

Ariel82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here, I have been a loyal Samsung customer up till this point. I am beyond frustrated, have been dealing with this for over a month now 😞 Seems like Samsung just doesn't care.

0 Likes
userWK5ciR0S89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yo calm down. If you reinstall the update, it fixes the problem.

0 Likes
valopezc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just got a new phone (S10+) and I've been getting the same message. I'm glad to know it's not the phone itself but not happy to know it hasn't been resolved. I also followed all of the steps found online and keep getting the error. Please let me know once someone finds a solution!
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to verify, have you tried these steps?

Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3DvZelhP0S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This did not work for me.  My Galaxy S10e was updated 8/10/2020 and has been having this problem every hour since.  I have powered down, also tried a few other things that I had seen recommended.

So I tried what you suggest here.  From Setttings, select Software Update, it displays "initializing application" for two seconds, then "UICC Unlock.  The network is preparing your services.  Please wait."  Then a new screen "Error.  SIM unlocking could not be completed... more text ..Internal Error (407)" and goes through the same cycle of screens that it does every hour and ends with Contact Customer service." 

I had this problem after the last Samsung update a month or so ago and restarting the device made it go away.  Not anymore. 

user4a9NbK5lfy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungRei wrote:

Just to verify, have you tried these steps?

Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

This worked for me with my Note 9. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
user8DWk03mKbI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked on my Note9. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes