JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is S10 meant to get fairly warm when wireless charging

(Topic created: 07-10-2019 03:14 AM)
user98GAPhMsRT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a new from shop Incipio 15W (watt?) wireless charger to go with my new S10 and I have the S10 in a case made of leather and plastic but I found the phone is getting warm even through the case is this ok/normal as my Samsung Note 5 didnt get warm at all. The guy at the shop said the charger was compatible with the S10.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user98GAPhMsRT wrote:

I bought a new from shop Incipio 15W (watt?) wireless charger to go with my new S10 and I have the S10 in a case made of leather and plastic but I found the phone is getting warm even through the case is this ok/normal as my Samsung Note 5 didnt get warm at all. The guy at the shop said the charger was compatible with the S10.

Wireless charges will heat any device, for two reasons: the charge is not 1:1 and the wasted energy is not lost. I believe wasted energy becomes heat, which can be literally felt. For this reason some models may feature a fan. 

If this concerns you stick to wired, It's a drawback with the medium and not the S10. Just try charging the Galaxy Buds or another device wirelessly. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in context

6 Replies
ParthP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also receive this issue. It gets scary hot if left on there for quite some time. I have not found a resolution for wireless charging.

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's not unusual for the S10 to get warm when charging. If there's an overheat condition the S10 will shut down automatically. Unless it's doing that, it is working as it should.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user98GAPhMsRT wrote:

Wireless charges will heat any device, for two reasons: the charge is not 1:1 and the wasted energy is not lost. I believe wasted energy becomes heat, which can be literally felt. For this reason some models may feature a fan. 

If this concerns you stick to wired, It's a drawback with the medium and not the S10. Just try charging the Galaxy Buds or another device wirelessly. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Blackknite
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is normal for any phone charging wirelessly, as this is the transfer of the energy process. I have wirelessly charges an s9+, a iphone 9, and iphone 8 all which have heated up during the wireless charging process.

I would recommend reading up on how wireless charging works to better understand the process.

Samsung_p09U7EG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

While phones often get VERY warm, a simple rule of thumb(read: not always exact, but a estimate) is that if it's too hot for you to hold it for more than 5 seconds, it's too hot for your phone and MIGHT cause damage.

user98GAPhMsRT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok thanks everyone that all makes sence except "Ccx" unfortunatly I cant "accecp as solution" for all I was worried it was the charger as its not an original Samsung charger, the guy at the shop said the Samsung one was only 5 watt and the one I got is 15 watt and can fast charge but let me know if there is a Samsung charger as good as the one I have....

0 Likes