cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray

Re: Is S10 series trash or not?

Doesn't work.  At least not on our 2 phones.

Samsung_GS20HFq
Constellation

I have only had my Galaxy S10E not even a week and it's junk hardly any LTE service always wants to stay on Rome a bunch of crab for a lot of money

Highlighted
Leinz
Galaxy

I'm over the 30-day mark with the S10+. Certainly enough time to fully review its mix of pros and cons on T Mobile US. To phrase it simply, no. Samsung's anniversary phone is not trash. Their email, phone and feedback support are, but let's focus on 1 thing. 

Network compatibility for the U1 is mostly okay. I'll say 6.5/10. Data speeds are passable compared to my z2 and Note 8 (TMO models). VoLTE works, not a single complaint. Occasionally LTE stops transmitting data, which forces me to use 3G. Reception should be better. I can send MMS no prob. Although, I changed the stock APN. No dropped calls. Don't think that exists on T Mobile...

Bluetooth. Now this is one I rely on for audio playback and calls. There's nothing negative here from my experience. Galaxy Buds and LG Tones hold a connection without fail. Scalable codec works well with GBs. 

For the camera thing, you might be sharing HEIF photos. These can be shared on some apps like Discord, not sure if MMS handles the format however. 

user4LLS22vaYV
Cosmic Ray

@Leinz wrote:

I'm over the 30-day mark with the S10+. Certainly enough time to fully review its mix of pros and cons on T Mobile US. To phrase it simply, no. Samsung's anniversary phone is not trash. Their email, phone and feedback support are, but let's focus on 1 thing. 

Network compatibility for the U1 is mostly okay. I'll say 6.5/10. Data speeds are passable compared to my z2 and Note 8 (TMO models). VoLTE works, not a single complaint. Occasionally LTE stops transmitting data, which forces me to use 3G. Reception should be better. I can send MMS no prob. Although, I changed the stock APN. No dropped calls. Don't think that exists on T Mobile...

Bluetooth. Now this is one I rely on for audio playback and calls. There's nothing negative here from my experience. Galaxy Buds and LG Tones hold a connection without fail. Scalable codec works well with GBs. 

For the camera thing, you might be sharing HEIF photos. These can be shared on some apps like Discord, not sure if MMS handles the format however. 

you wouldn't be singing its praise if you were like those of us without cell service and thus left with a pretty paperweight. 

user4LLS22vaYV
Cosmic Ray

For now, yeah. It's trash. Swap it out for an S9 or something while they figure out how they made such a terrible phone and left consumers holding the $900 price tag. 

Samsung_GLEh9UZ
Astronaut

I've never experienced a fault with mine this is my 30th day holding the Samsung galaxy s10+

Comet

I sympathize with those having issues but I am 44 days in on my AT&T S10+ and it is just a stellar device. No issues whatsoever. 

userqrh7IANDHl
Constellation

The phone is trash! I like you have been team Samsung forever, but I think I'll try something else next. I'm currently waiting on my 3rd s10+ to be shipped. They won't stay connected and now I can't even use the chat feature on texting so I pretty much have a paperweight. Sprint just keeps sending me another one. I just spent 2hrs at the sprint store where they didn't know what to do. Samsung knows the phones are trash... they need to recall them!

user3dstEbcnYe
Constellation

I would prefer my s3 .They have ruined the split screen multi task feature ,its poinless now , the finger print thing never works even though I've redone my finger print multiple times ,somehow my wife can unlock the phone with the face recognition & no im not married to my twin sister. Maybe i can find a good used Motorola brick phone it will hold 6 numbers unlike the missing ones on my s10 🤬😡