cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Issue with Samsung Keyboard with Latest OS update

Hi, after the recent update of Samsung One UI 2.1, I'm noticing the following issue,When I select the clipboard option from the keyboard '...' itself, then it loads fine and I'm able to clear the clipboard with 'Trash' option. See first 2 screenshots, but if I select the clipboard by pressing and holding the cursor on a text bar, then the clipboard opens up, but the trash option is overlapping with the keyboard collapse 'v' option, and if it click on it, it collapses the keyboard, doesn't clear out the clipboard. See the last screenshot.

Screenshot_20200415-151609_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200415-151620_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200415-151639_Chrome.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Issue with Samsung Keyboard with Latest OS update

nope, this all started with the UI update, among other issues. Still no word on the fix for the update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So, I haven't used these much, but I had played around with it before the One UI 2.1 update. (as a side note I did receive the update finally). If I remember correctly though, once I added my AR Emoji, I was able to use the sticker icon on my Samsung keyboard to send them. Now, after the update, I cannot seem to get the AR Emoji on my keyboard. Am I wrong in my remembering that it was available prior to the update?

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought my phone and you are right it did work but as soon as there was a newer update you are not able to use or get GIF and Stickers.  Alert says, "Can't use Stickers or GIF because it's not compatible with the lastest version of Samsung Keybord."

So now you can't use your AR emoji when sending a text message.

Samsumg PLEASE correct the issue ASAP!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

It worked! Thank you I've been messing with it for days! 

Highlighted
Galaxy

Space Bar and Other Essential Buttons in The last Row of Keyboard are not working after the Android 10 update. I usually use the original full screen gesture of Samsung but not it's messy. I can't tap on the space bar neither can I open the special key note. It only works on landscape mode, when I go back to navigation buttons or when I use the latest full screen gesture. Samsung virtually destroyed their own great full screen gesture just to push an "Apple Like" full screen gesture and it's a shame.

This affects all keyboards including Samsung keyboard, Swiftkey and Gboard. Samsung please fix this problem.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, after the newest update on my S10 my Samsung keyboard has gone completely crazy. I don't have the correct predictive texting and my language does not give correct words. In selected Serbian language the keyboard gives English words as suggestions. And also alm of my learned words disappeared and the keyboard does not allow to memorise new ones. The Galaxy theme will not apply on the keyboard as well. And the keyboard does not give a capital letter after every message sent. So in every new message I have to insert capital letter myself. 

Does anyone know what is happening?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Has anyone notice, since the April Software Update, in the Samsung cloud app under sync settings the keyboard portion has disappeared? Did Samsung remove that or is there a solution for me to put it back. I only ask because also since the update, when backing up my messages, I'm getting an error "can't back up data". Everything else backs up ( ex: contacts, settings, apps, phone, music etc) but not my messages, and I'm wondering if one has anything to do with the other. Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

After the recent update not only was the dictionary wiped but now the Samsung keyboard isn't learning words at all.  Anyone else having this issue? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, I had the same problem. But it works fine now. Try going to language and input and turn predictive text off and then on again. And make sure to restart your phone. It's weird but my keyboard went back to normal after the above steps. Hope this helps!