cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergg5HDoS5we
Constellation

Re: Issue with screen timeout

I updated the AOD app but still had the same issue. Ended up uninstalling the app and started using "aodNotify” for the edge notification and "Holey Light" for the camera cut out light notification. Bummed I cannot find an app that has both edge and cut out notifications besides the one that had the timeout issue.

usergUBhIBYSMp
Constellation

Im starting to have that exact issue today. 9/8/2019

userqIA8ZJxDdO
Constellation

Same issue here, no rhyme or reason to it. Sometines it's fine for a week, tonight I had to fix the timeout time twice in 15 minutes. 

userdxwBIN2O5E
Astronaut

I have the same problem since yesterday  8/9/2019! Was on samsung chat today,  the guy took an hour to explain things and still nothing.

My screen times out in seconds..i have it on 30 usually, when i go to check it, it is always on (8 seconds) and i change it back to 30...about 15 mins later its back at (8 seconds)..i cant read anything on my phone....IT is ANNOYING !

user3a9GzlOALm
Constellation

I'm having the EXACT same issue and it started a few days ago after updating my s10e.  Getting incredibly annoyed!!

Tried using apps that bypass screen timeout and it STILL defaults to 8 seconds.

We need answers Samsung!

userFq6v71s8JL
Constellation

S10+ mine started yesterday going to 8 seconds. I have mine at 5 minutes normally. This is driving me nuts. Please fix!!! 

Vbmspr
Constellation

Check in the Samsung members battery optimization. If you...

Check in the Samsung members battery optimization. If you have it checked to optimize the display timeout, it will change it. Mine is turned off so it won't optimize it or run the optimization until I want to. My screen has been set for 5 minutes and is still at 5 minutes because I never optimize it. Just play around with it. Worth a try.

usergg5HDoS5we
Constellation

Re: Check in the Samsung members battery optimization. If you...

Yes also having the same issue since last night 😒

usernhOS58Q5nO
Constellation

Re: Check in the Samsung members battery optimization. If you...

I tried that as well but I didn't work and mines started yesterday too... I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this annoying issue! I hope there's a patch update to fix this. 

userEQ1cKZ2VKH
Constellation

My phone is also doing this. It is a Galaxy S10+. This started on 08SEP2019 after updating the software. I have never had this problem before the update. I do not use the Device Care/Battery/Optimize Settings but I have tried modifying them to rectify this problem and it does not fix it. It always returns to 8 seconds on the screen timeout, seemingly every time that the screen times out and turns off. I have had to change the time back to 2 minutes (my usual) 3 times in the last 15 minutes. Very annoying. I pretty much want to go buy a new phone. Samsung please help!

Update: This stopped happening about a day after I originally posted this. I'm not sure what the cause was, but I am also a user of the Always On Edge app.