JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keeping Notification Light On

(Topic created: 07-12-2019 03:22 PM)
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use Edgelighting+ to provide a notification light when I get an email, text message, etc. It flashes for about 5 seconds or so. How do I keep that light flashing until I clear my notifications, so that whenever I look down at my phone I can see if there is a message requiring my attention?

9 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@GaryB82 and @Rydah Can you please provide some input on Edgelighting+?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungAdam @user0A7BenSrIE From what I know it won't stay on until the notification is cleared in edgelighting+ you can only set it to run for a short-medium-long once it has reached it's set time it will stop showing

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @user0A7BenSrIE and @SamsungAdam. I have EsgeLighting+ installed as it does provide some extra Edge Lighting effects and does light the screen up for notifications but as @GaryB82 said, it only allows notifications for a short period of time.

My best suggestion for notifications is to download an app from the Google Play store called "Holey Light" by Chainfire. (Direct link to Holey Light)

Holey Light provides some cool notification lighting effects that I enjoy and find useful. It can be set up to your liking and I don't see any negative side affects from using it. I've had it since the day the phone was released.

If you need help setting it up, feel free to reach out to me.

Have a good weekend guys!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is it possible with Holey Light to set a different color for different types of messages, for example, blue for an email and red for a text message?

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes it is. 😃 Please note that it isn't an actual light. It is an awesome app that uses the screen to emulate a notification light. I love this app!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've downloaded it, and I'm using it, but I cannot see where I have the option to assign different colors to different application notifications. Can you show me somehow?

0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sure, see the screenshots I've attached. As always, if you need more clarification, I'm here.Press the Colors optionPress the Colors option

Here is a preview of different options. Multiple entries are normal as different parts of the app have what's called a "broadcast" aka different notification. Most apps will automatically have a selected color.Here is a preview of different options. Multiple entries are normal as different parts of the app have what's called a "broadcast" aka different notification. Most apps will automatically have a selected color.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

user0A7BenSrIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks 

0 Likes
Amma2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did an update 1 day ago an my edge lighting+ quit working for the 20s ultra?
0 Likes