cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Keyboard and Smart Lock Issues after Android 10 Update

I'd like to see who else is having issues with the the "Android System" "Select Keyboard" notifications constantly popping up. I have had this phone (S10 5G) since it came out and I never received those notifications before. Also, the Smart Lock (trusted places and trusted devices) is not keeping my phone unlocked like it was prior to the update. Are there any tips or tricks that you all can provide?

For the keyboard issue, I have gone into the keyboard input and into manage keyboards. I use Swiftkey keyboard as my primary. I have toggled off all of them except the Samsung keyboard because it won't allow me to. 

For the Smart Lock issue, I have gone into the settings and deleted all of my trusted items and reenabled them with no luck. What's weird is that sometimes it will work. I am home now and it is working, but most days it doesn't. When I am in my car I don't want to have to use my print or face to unlock my device. Is there a conflict at all with face ID and smart lock?  Just don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Issues after Android 10 Update

@DJH0612 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Issues after Android 10 Update

You should factory reset your phone if you experience issues after a major Android update like Android Pie to Android 10. That's always been the case with Android version updates on every phone I have ever owned. It has nothing to do with Samsung except for them not warning owners that a factory reset might be necessary after the update--maybe they are hoping some customers who experience problems will buy a new phone.