Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Lag after Android 10 Update

Same issue here on the Exynos variant

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly same problem after last upgrade on Android 10 with my Note 9 !

Highlighted
Astronaut

My S10 is smoother after Android 10 update, I like new animations,never had any lag or freeze, You should go to Device Care app - three dots on top right side - advanced and turn on all options there(auto optimization,auto restart...) and Lag problems should be fixed, I also recommend to check Battery settings (adaptive battery...)

Highlighted
Constellation

Man i was looking forward to the update. I guess i will hold off until it is fixed.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Also experiencing lag issues on my Note 10 Plus since the update. Disappointing.

Highlighted
Constellation

Have you tried updating all your apps in the Google Play Store after downloading Android 10? It seems to have fixed the issue for me on my Galaxy S10.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep apps are all updated and I have factory reset twice now. Ive been rebooting every day at 3 am to get around the issue. If I don't the phone is basically unusable. It heats up and is barely responsive. Running processes shows kernel using a ton and user apps are being aggressively closed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same issue here.... thought I was the only one. Note 10+ with Verizon... factory reset did not fix it. When I close out of all apps and open about maybe 4 to 5 apps I'm fine. When I have about 10 or so, I start see lag in app switcher.....

Highlighted
Constellation

I have also noticed the same memory leak. Right now I am trying to find the culprit! I logged kernel memory for 3 days. What I noticed is that memory leak occurs during the night when I charge my phone. See attached graph. First day I did not charge my phone, the others two I did and you see how it jumps around 1GB during charging time. The log is every 30 min.

https://imgur.com/a/JwxOz8i 

I have note 10+ exynos. The leak appeared when updated to Android 10 with Android 9 I have no issues. When kernel memory increase I have lags especially when I try to use the camera the phone is not responding at all!

@useramRZ6SzOLG wrote:

I have the S10 plus from Verizon an

@useramRZ6SzOLG wrote:

I have the S10 plus from Verizon and just got the Android 10/OneUi2 update a few days ago. I have noticed Ithat after the phone is up for a day or so, performance will begin to suffer and swipes and apps lag pretty badly.  I have cleared cache from  the recovery menu several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. After a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start to lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

d just got the Android 10/OneUi2 update a

@useramRZ6SzOLG wrote:

I have the S10 plus from Verizon and just got the Android 10/OneUi2 update a few days ago. I have noticed Ithat after the phone is up for a day or so, performance will begin to suffer and swipes and apps lag pretty badly.  I have cleared cache from  the recovery menu several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. After a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start to lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

few days ago. I have noticed Ithat after the phone is up for a day or so, performance will begin to suffer and swipes and apps lag pretty badly.  I have cleared cache from  the recovery menu several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. After a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start to lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

@useramRZ6SzOLG wrote:

Highlighted
Astronaut

Noticed the same thing i have the s8+ which i get is an older phone but after the update ive bern having lag spikes sometimes it happens sometimes not when i restart my phone nothing changes and when i clear everything from device health it halps for about 6 hours to a day then lags again especially in the messages app