cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useramRZ6SzOLG
Asteroid

Lag after Android 10 Update

I have the S10 plus from Verizon and just got the Android 10/OneUi2 update a few days ago. I have noticed Ithat after the phone is up for a day or so, performance will begin to suffer and swipes and apps lag pretty badly.  I have cleared cache from  the recovery menu several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. After a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start to lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

24 REPLIES 24
useriHiOWhAOTk
Astronaut

Re: Lag after Android 10 Update

I just updated my samsung s10 yeasterday and i got same problem as you .. all aplication with phone swipe function is lagging

@useramRZ6SzOLG wrote:

I have the S10 plus from Verizon and just got the Android 10/OneUi2 update a few days ago. I have noticed Ithat after the phone is up for a day or so, performance will begin to suffer and swipes and apps lag pretty badly.  I have cleared cache from  the recovery menu several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. After a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start to lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

Devino
Asteroid

Well looks like I'm not installing Android 10 on my S9+ from Verizon. I cannot have a flagship run poorly

I got the same issue over here, after the andriod 10 update my device had been laggy out, I even clear the system cache and restart my device several times, still the laggy animation occurred and especially at the apps screens when I slide between pages. I reported it to a samsung customer support. If this issue also happens to you please like this discussion and make it stand out in the samsung community. Also contact them if possible to reach them the problem. I hope the problem will be fixed in the near future updates. Smiley Wink

useramRZ6SzOLG
Asteroid

It seems like after 24 hours there is some kind of memory leak. In running services in Dev options I don't see used apps using over 600 MB and cached processes shows barely anything. Also running better battery stats it shows the 2nd highest process taking CPU is kswapd.... So even though the phone has almost 4 GB of RAM free, it is constantly using the swap file instead of free memory. Sure seems like a bug to me. I guess I'll reboot daily until this is fixed.

jimmygraham
Constellation

I'm also seeing heavy cpu from kswapd after a few hours. The built-in tools show lots of free memory, but running "free" and top from adb shell shows 100% swap usage.

user2PriThk4Xh
Constellation

Just letting everyone know, I also got the same issue and it seems that this is a bug from the update. I've tried any kinds of reset and it didn't work so don't bother to do so. It seems that we have to reboot daily

useramRZ6SzOLG
Asteroid

FYI everyone. There is a Reddit post also tracking these issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/enh4kc/bug_for_android_10_memory_leak_causing_background...

It for sure appears to be a memory leak in the kernel. It begins aggressively swapping apps in and out of memory causing hardly any apps to be cached and heavy usage from kswapd

Not-Addy
Constellation

Same problem here...

I have Galaxy S10 plus and it's very laggy after the last update!

I'm using the Canadian version, it doesn't seem like there's any difference from the USA version at all..

The latest update messed up everything...

I feel like I'm using Galaxy s4 now!!

Badazznc
Cosmic Ray

I don't have this problem at all I have t mobile variat so its might be just Verizon model