JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-01-2019 08:31 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
user4zD3UthtXg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I totally agree. This simple notifier is what kept me in the Samsung landscape, as well as the BlackBerry one for years! I have had the S10+ now for a week and feel my S9+ was better. Only reason I upgraded was for the screen thumb print. I also feel the S9+ camera is better in low light. I am seriously reconsidering the upgrade because of this.

I hope they fix this like that fad of dropping the external SD memory on the S6, but quickly bringing it back on the S7.

I have also seen the posts of how the developers are working on fixing this "soon". I dont think developers realized how people like me depended on this LED notification to determine from across the room if my phone was still charging, or if I received a text, WhatsApp private message, or email; which I could determine by different color codes.

If anyone else slightly agrees, I urge you to post. Voicing our feedback is the only way to let Samsung know.

userHJjTSyUseD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Spot on. This was a simple but very effective visual notification. No physical connection with the phone was needed to open it up. . only a precursary glance told its owner there was a message or a call waiting to be dealt with.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best...I actually wonder if the designer who decided to take the notification light off actually uses this phone! If he did then he /she would know how useful it was. An incredible oversight!!! 

userWH0TKTEaYD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am completely astounded to find there is no visual notification. Everyone else in this thread has already summarized why this was such a blunder.  Samsung, please take note and create a software fix.  I know of a good number of people who have looked at my phone with envy.  However, when they find out this is a missing feature, they have all decided against this purchase.

My only knock against this phone, but it is a HUGE one.

CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have it set for Gmail, but yes the settings are there for it if you're still referring to Edge Lighting. Check out the pic.

As far as it set for a reminder, I don't have it set for that either so not sure sorry.

userqHeNDNs3C1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a way to turn on the led light for notification or messages on Samnsung S10+

0 Likes
Ivz
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, none of the s10 models have LED

0 Likes
amanv722452
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I dont really now much but i have been reading comments and views and i would like to say that Samsung can put the notification Led Lighting at the edges of camera cut out just like when it switches camera it has a lighting effect.... Honestly The Led was a big big deal for each samsung user just with a glance you could see if phone is charging or you got text So i would really be pleased if the camera cut out works as notification Led Lighting.

Credits to comments on youtube and fb

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@amanv722452 the camera cutout will indeed function as the notification light. It will be automatically colored based on the notification. I, along with a couple other Ambassadors, learned this from a Samsung executive after the Unpacked event in San Francisco. There will be a software update that will enable this on or slightly before launch. 😁

Update: The update turned out not being released when the executive thought it it would. Only developers truly know when an update pushes out. That being said, I still believe that the update will happen. Stay tuned. 

amanv722452
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VerbumVeritum yup i did saw in a video of unbox therapy the lighting effect but didnt saw for the charging one so just thought to post my suggestion😁 thank you though for your reply it was helpful

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is Just an effect and actual screen. The camera cutout does not contain any special hardware. It will just illuminate the pixels surrounding the camera cutout. In no way this is equivalent to the led notification. And by design, there are plenty of space available for an LED on top near the speaker grill. This is so poor that samsung made a bad decision. I wish I could cancel my pre-order. Yes, LED notification is a deal breaker for me.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some