cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj3756
Constellation

Lift to wake is Inconsistent S10

Anyone else have a problem with this gesture? My phone sometimes doesn't wake. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Lift to wake

Hey @dj3756, I hope you're doing well.

I don't use this feature but I'd still like to try my best to help you.

Let's start by rebooting your device. Does the issue still persist after a reboot?

If so, let's try wiping the device cache. To do so, follow these instructions:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I hope this helps!!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
dj3756
Constellation

Thank you, I will try this.

David0715
Cosmic Ray

The feature is just unreliable. I tried all the remedies mentioned and nothing has changed. Sometimes the screen will no wake and other times it is just very slow to wake. It seems like it is just not sensitive to motion enough. Would love this feature if it worked more reliably.

Used_Taco
Asteroid

I gave up on this feature on my note 10+. It's always been slow and unreliable (the feature, not the phone)

userQDYbD6G5n9
Astronaut

Re: Lift to wake is Inconsistent S10

I've had the galaxy S8, S9, S10e and S10.  And several iphones, this feature only works perfectly on iphone, not only this but other features such as face recognition which is appalingly bad on samsung and works like magic on iphone. I was still hapy with my S10e just the wi-fi was poor, I thought the S10 would be perfect just like it was on S8 and S9, so I sold my S10e and bought the S10 even tough Im not a fan of big phones, same issue there with many other issues such as unreliable fingerprint, power button too high impossible to press one handed, etc, I went iphone XS even tough I said I wasnt going back to Apple due to prices, but now I get it why people love iphones, it just works, and if some feature is missing, then its because Apple will not include features until it works absolutely perfectly and reliably. Best of all, no more bixby.

Ill be back to samsung when they start to concentrate on the basics instead of keeping adding useless features that barely works, such like the face recognicion which is at least 10 years behind Apple